1. Miami-Dade commissioners will decide Wednesday on whether to expand the Urban Development Boundary to build a luxury mall and water park west of Doral. The push by Turnberry Associates, which would require moving the county’s Urban Development Boundary, has run into a ll of opposition. Turnberry contends that moving the line, which limits urban expansion into the western and southern reaches of the county, is justified because residents of Doral and Northwest Miami-Dade need a big family-friendly entertainment, dining and shopping venue that would not fit anywhere else in the area.
2. Wednesday is Give Miami Day, an event to encourage contributions of $25 or more to more than 400 nonprofit organizations. The Miami Foundation will contribute matching gifts of $25 to $10,000 on a percentage basis.
3. The Miami Heat heads to Orlando for a 7 p.m. game against the Magic. The Heat beat the Atlanta Hawks at home Tuesday night. Wednesday night’s game will air on SUN.
4. Florida is expected to pick prominent business leader Marshall Criser III as the next chancellor of the state university system. The Board of Governors meets Wednesday on the campus of Florida International University. The panel is scheduled to take a formal vote on whether to hire Criser. A search committee earlier this month recommended Criser as the lone finalist.
5. Searchers are looking for two missing people after a Learjet on a medical mission crashed after takeoff from Fort Lauderdale to Mexico. The wreckage and two bodies were found in the waters off Fort Lauderdale. Authorities are asking boaters to report and then stay away from any debris they see.