1. A Miami-Dade jury is back for a third day of deliberations in the trial of a 23-year-old man accused of fatally shooting Washington Redskins star Sean Taylor during an ill-fated 2007 burglary. Jurors wanted to quit early Thursday because some planned Halloween trick-or-treat outings with their children. They were scheduled to resume debating the fate of Eric Rivera Jr. on Friday morning.
2. The Miami Heat will try to get back on the winning track when the team visits the Brooklyn Nets on Friday night. Watch it on Sun Sports or listen on 790 AM.
3. The two charred bodies found in the trunk of a burned-out car in Hialeah were two people who had been shot in the head someplace else. The Hialeah police chief confirmed the execution-style killing elsewhere before the bodies were burned in the car.
4. Early voting runs Friday through Sunday in advance of Tuesday’s elections in Miami Beach, Miami, Homestead and Hialeah. A countywide question will ask whether Jackson Health System can sell bonds for improvements.
5. Forecasters don’t expect rain in South Florida. While highs will be in the upper-80s, lows will be in the low-70s. And Saturday night will be even cooler, with lows in the mid- to upper-60s.