1. Thousands of Miami-Dade teachers will vote Wednesday on a tentative contract. The deal offers a pay raise of at least $1,100 to the district’s 21,000 teachers an a 2 percent increase to paraprofessionals, security monitors and secretaries,
2. Early voting continues in Miami-Dade County for a Nov. 5 special election on Jackson Health System improvements and for municipal elections in Miami, Miami Beach, Hialeah and Homestead.
3. A rip current risk is in effect through Thursday along South Florida beaches. Breezy conditions continue, and highs will be in the mid-80s.
4. A Miami-Dade police officer remains in stable condition Monday at Jackson Memorial Hospital, suffering from stab wounds from a confrontation with a suspect at a gas station near Miami International Airport. The suspect was shot dead.
5. This is the day to plan for Halloween: the costume contests, the parties, the events. Check out miami.com for a guide.