1. A memorial service is planned Monday for a Miramar man who was killed in a plane crash in Colombia while tracking a suspected smuggling vessel. Air Force Master Sgt. Martin Gonzalez was among four killed earlier this month when the twin-engine turboprop crashed near the Panamanian border. The ceremony will take place at Southcom headquarters in Doral.
2. The trial for the alleged shooter in the 2007 killing of Washington Redskins star Sean Taylor resumes Monday with the medical examiner expected to take the stand. Jurors were off Friday after watching the videotaped confession of 23-year-old Eric Rivera Jr. on Thursday. Rivera faces life in prison if convicted.
3. Northwest Broward residents woke up early to temperatures in the mid-60s. Along the coast, temperatures started out in the low-70s. Highs in South Florida will be in the mid-80s. Forecasters put the rain chance is just 10 percent.
4. The stage is set for Saturday’s big game: undefeated FSU vs. undefeated UM. Florida State dropped a spot in the ranking to No. 3 while Miami is No. 7. The game will be nationally televised Saturday night from Tallahassee.
5. Univision and ABC debut their new cable TV network Monday evening. The English-language Fusion is targeting the under-35 audience across all ethnic backgrounds.