1. Testimony begins Monday in the trial for the young man accused of fatally shooting Washington Redskins star Sean Taylor during a botched burglary at the football player’s Palmetto Bay home. Eric Rivera, 23, is charged with first-degree murder and armed burglary in the November 2007 killing of Taylor, a former University of Miami player and hometown football hero.
2. Early voting begins Monday in Miami-Dade for a county special election as well as municipal races in Miami, Miami Beach, Hialeah and Homestead. Voters throughout the county will decide whether to allow Jackson Health System to sell $830 million in bonds to pay for the modernization, improvement and equipping of facilities countywide. Early voting will run through Nov. 3 at more than 20 locations.
3. The Gus Boulis trial is set to continue Monday for Anthony "Little Tony" Ferrari, who is charged in the 2001 slaying of the Miami Subs restaurant chain founder. A judge granted a mistrial last week for Anthony "Big Tony" Moscatiello because of his attorney's lingering illness.
4. Singer Celia Cruz is being honored Monday with a Google Doodle on what would have been her 88th birthday.
5. Hot and humid. That about sums up South Florida’s weather as the workweek begins. Highs near 90 are expected , and the humidity hit 94 percent before the sun rose.