Man wanted in Miami restaurant shooting commits suicide

 

A man wanted in connection with the fatal shooting of a restaurant patron apparently took his own life, Miami police said on Sunday.

Police said the incident began around 5:15 p.m. Saturday when they responded to a 911 call that a man had been shot multiple times at Sabor Nica Restaurant at 49 NW 12th Ave.

According to the homicide detectives, a heated argument between two men erupted inside the restaurant-bar in front of patrons. One man drew a handgun and shot the other several times.

The gunman, who was immediately identified by witnesses, dashed out of the restaurant.

The wounded patron died at the restaurant.

An hour into the investigation, detectives learned of a man who had just shot himself and was taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital's Ryder Trauma Unit.

The man died at the hospital.

On Sunday, police said they had linked the two incidents and determined the suicide victim was the gunman at the restaurant, who apparently had rushed home after the shooting and turned the gun on himself.

The names of both men will not be released until relatives are notified.

Read more Miami-Dade stories from the Miami Herald

  • KEY BISCAYNE

    Six people rescued from water off Key Biscayne

    Six people on inner tubes were rescued off the coast of Key Biscayne Wednesday morning.

  • Crime Watch

    Scam emails provide a glimpse of what’s out there

    Today I’m going to provide you with actual emails that have been sent by readers notifying me of scams they have received in the last month or so. I’m doing this so everyone can see the actual emails, some have misspelled words as well as grammar and when you get them you can use the “DELETE” key … I can’t tell you how many people have fallen for these scams, so I figured it would be fun to print them and maybe the scammers reading this column will know we’re on to them.

  •  
The long-awaited PortMiami tunnel is set to open to traffic at 6 a.m. Monday after construction delays.

    Delayed Miami port tunnel to open Monday morning

    Without speeches or brass bands, just — hopefully — a smooth and steady flow of thousands of vehicles, PortMiami’s new tunnel will open to public traffic at 6 a.m. Monday after 11 weeks of exasperating and costly delays.

Miami Herald

Join the
Discussion

The Miami Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

The Miami Herald uses Facebook's commenting system. You need to log in with a Facebook account in order to comment. If you have questions about commenting with your Facebook account, click here.

Have a news tip? You can send it anonymously. Click here to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Miami Herald and el Nuevo Herald.

Hide Comments

This affects comments on all stories.

Cancel OK

  • Marketplace

Today's Circulars

  • Quick Job Search

Enter Keyword(s) Enter City Select a State Select a Category