• I didnt think it was that weird the Tigers had a reliever named Al Alburquerque. Until that one pitching change when they brought in Sam Santa Fe.
• Ricks Cabaret, a New York strip club, stopped showing Giants games because it was depressing the customers. You know what was depressing the strippers? That men surrounded by naked women were watching football.
• The Lions Ndamukong Suh was fined again by the NFL. Or, did that go without saying?
• I know Tim Hardaway Jr. is an NBA rookie in New York now, but I still cant get used to seeing his father cheering for the Knicks. Its like watching Red Sox and Yankees fans get along.
• Allen Iverson will officially retire Oct.30 at the 76ers home opener, surprising analysts who thought hed retired years ago.
• Golfer Rory McIroy dumped tennis star-girlfriend Caroline Wozniacki because she tweeted a photo of him asleep with his mouth agape. Dear Rory: Why so serious? Seriously.
• Curt Schilling held an estate sale, which is what rich people call a yard sale. I assume there was a preemptive sign that read, No, Bloody Sock Is NOT For Sale!
The Toronto Maple Leafs locker room victory song is Miley Cyrus We Cant Stop. Not sure whats more surprising: That theyd choose that song. Or that theyd admit it.
• Happy 10th anniversary, Steve Bartman. Was going to write you a poem, but couldnt think of anything that rhymed with Alou.
• The Minnesota Lynx won the WNBA championship, so congratulations to [look up name of coach or players to insert here].
• Intentional crashes affecting race outcomes have plagued NASCAR as its Chase for the Cup continues Sunday in Talladega, Ala. Makes sense, though. If there were a recipe for road rage, Id make it a bunch of macho men who dont like each other tailgating at 180 mph.
• The Harlem Globetrotters exhibition basketball franchise is for sale. Assets include a pail that you think is full of water but actually only contains confetti!
• Parting thought: Marlins Park will host a college bowl game starting next year. Thatll be weird. I dont mean seeing football there. I mean seeing a big crowd there.
Visit Gregs Random Evidence of a Cluttered Blog daily at MiamiHerald.com and follow on Twitter @gregcote, Instagram/upsetbird, Vine/Greg Cote and Facebook/Greg Cote.