1. Jury selection begins Tuesday in the Miami-Dade trial of Eric Rivera, accused of breaking into former UM and NFL football player Sean Taylor’s home in a burglary that turned deadly. Taylor was shot to death six years ago at age 24. Rivera, 23, faces life in prison if he is convicted of first-degree murder and armed burglary.
2. Stone crab season is here, and the name most associated with the claws is celebrating a milestone. Joe’s swings open its doors for the season at 5 p.m. Tuesday as the venerable South Beach restaurant celebrates its 100th anniversary.
3. Absentee ballots for a Nov. 5 special election on improvement for Jackson Health System are being mailed on Tuesday. Also on the ballot: municipal races and questions in Miami, Miami Beach, Hialeah and Homestead..
4. A bail hearing is set for a South Miami man accused of fatally shooting his wife and posting pictures of her body on Facebook. The hearing Tuesday in Miami-Dade Circuit Court will give 31-year-old Derek Medina’s lawyer a chance to argue that he should be released before trial.
5. The Miami Heat are back on the court Tuesday night for a preseason game at the Washington Wizards. At practice, center Greg Oden is showing flashes of his old self.