1. A large crowd of parks employees is expected to gather at Miami City Hall on Thursday when commissioners decide whether to investigate hiring practices.. Also on the agenda: a proposal to remove metal gates and non-decorative shutters that protect closed retailers in the city’s Coconut Grove business district.
2. The Miami Heat plays Game 2 of the preseason against the Pistons in Detroit. Listen to it on WAXY 790-AM or 104.3-FM. It won’t be on TV.
3. Testimony continues Thursday in the Gus Boulis murder trial with yet another surprise: Prosecutors are bringing in a mystery witness who will be addressed by a pseudonym and whose face and hands cannot be photographed or taped for TV.
4. Some of the tension involving FIU’s business school dean, faculty and students could bubble to the surface during a business faculty assembly scheduled for 1 p.m. Thursday.
5. Less rain is in the forecast, along with less humidity and cooler temperatures. Highs will be in the mid-80s, with a 20 percent chance of rain. Lows will be in the low-70s, with temperatures Overnight Saturday dipping into the upper-60s.