1. The Miami Heat opens its preseason against Atlanta at 7:30 p.m. at AmericanAirlines Arena. The game will be shown on Sun Sports.
2. Testimony resumes Monday in the prosecution’s case against Anthony "Big Tony" Moscatiello and Anthony "Little Tony" Ferrari. They are accused of orchestrating the shooting death by a mob hit man of Gus Boulis during a struggle for control of the SunCruz Casinos gambling fleet.
3. If you planned on taking a new ramp Monday from the Palmetto Expressway to Northwest 25th Street, the project has been delayed. Recent rains have soaked materials for the new ramp, which is being opened to clear the way for ongoing 826-836 construction.
4. Obamacare plans for South Florida vary widely in pricing and value. There are 141 health plans on the exchange in Miami-Dade and 136 in Broward, with prices for a 27-year-old individual ranging from a low of $85.81 a month for catastrophic coverage in Broward to a high of $420.16 a month for a premier managed care plan in Miami-Dade. The same premier plan in Miami-Dade costs $716.03 a month for a 50-year-old individual and $1,419.22 a month for a family.
5. The heat, humidity and rain are forecast to return Monday afternoon. Rain chance will increase to 50 percent at night.