• Impact Player: Ravens wide receiver Torrey Smith displayed his speed early with a 41-yard catch-and-run on Baltimore’s first drive. The Ravens’ drive stalled, leading to a Justin Tucker field goal.
• Highlights: The Dolphins defense held Baltimore’s Ray Rice to 3.3 yards per carry and Joe Flacco to 3-of-7 passing. It also made the biggest play of the quarter. Paul Soliai forced a fumble — recovered by Dannell Ellerbe — that led to Miami’s only points of the quarter, a 37-yard Caleb Sturgis field goal.
• Lowlights: The Dolphins’ running game was a liability, totaling minus-1 yard on six carries in the opening frame. Four carries went to Lamar Miller and Ryan Tannehill and Daniel Thomas each had one.
• Impact Player: Receiver Mike Wallace provided the electric play that fans have been waiting for since he signed in the offseason. With 10 minutes left in the half, Tannehill unleashed a bomb down the right sideline, finding Wallace for a 49-yard gain and leading to another Sturgis field goal. In all, Wallace had four catches for 78 yards in the quarter.
• Highlights: Tannehill and the Dolphins’ offense took possession with 1:55 left in the half, tied 6-6. Tannehill was 4 of 7 on the ensuing drive, ending it with a 9-yard touchdown pass to Charles Clay.
• Lowlights: Early in the quarter the Dolphins gave up another big passing play, allowing a 43-yard gain by Ravens tight end Ed Dickson.
• Impact Player: Ravens quarterback Flacco completed 6 of 9 passes for 90 yards in the quarter and lead the Ravens to 10 points on two third-quarter drives.
• Highlights: Dolphins punter Brandon Fields continued his strong play from the first half in the third quarter, averaging 45.5 yards per punt, including one that went out of bounds at the Baltimore 6-yard line.
• Lowlights: See above. When punting is a highlight, things aren’t going well. The Dolphins’ offense gained just two first downs and held the ball for less than four minutes in the quarter. The defense allowed the Ravens to pick up 161 yards of offense, 10 first downs and 10 points in the quarter.
• Impact Player: Dion Jordan made the biggest play of his young career, tipping the ball while it was still in Flacco’s hands. The ball fluttered high in the air and eventually landed in the arms of Reshad Jones, who returned it for a TD.
• Highlights: Brandon Gibson kept hope alive on the team’s final drive with a 46-yard catch — a career long — on fourth-and-10. Tannehill sprinted to his left away from pressure and unleashed a rainbow that Gibson hauled in.
• Lowlights: The Dolphins’ pass protection went from problematic to apocalyptic. Four of the Ravens’ six sacks came in the fourth, including an Elvis Dumervil sack on the final drive that ultimately pushed Sturgis’ field goal attempt from 52 yards to 57.