Bieber won't be charged for alleged threat

 

LOS ANGELES (AP) – Justin Bieber won't face criminal charges for allegedly threatening a neighbor who complained about his driving.

City News Service says Los Angeles County prosecutors decided Wednesday that there's insufficient evidence to charge the pop star.

A neighbor in Bieber's gated Calabasas neighborhood told a sheriff's deputy that Bieber threatened him and spat in his direction when he confronted the 19-year-old about his driving last March.

Prosecutor Alan Yochelson wrote in a document that Bieber's response seemed “immature” but not necessarily criminal.

He also said there's not enough evidence to charge Bieber over a neighbor's complaint that Bieber drove his Ferrari recklessly through the area in May. Yochelson said it's unclear who was at the wheel.

Messages left for Bieber's representative, Melissa Victor, weren't immediately returned Wednesday.

Read more People stories from the Miami Herald

  • Celebrity birthdays on July 22

    Actor Orson Bean is 86. Actress Louise Fletcher is 80. Actor Terence Stamp is 76. Game show host Alex Trebek is 74. Singer George Clinton is 73. Singer Bobby Sherman is 71. Actor Danny Glover is 68. Singer Don Henley is 67. Comedian-director Albert Brooks is 67. Composer Alan Menken is 65. Actor Willem Dafoe is 59. Actor David Spade is 50. Actor John Leguizamo is 50. Actor Rhys Ifans is 47. Singer Rufus Wainwright is 41. Actress Franka Potente is 40. Actress Selena Gomez is 22.

  •  
LeAnn Rimes at the Luli Fama at Swim Week at the Raleigh.

    La vida local

    LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian spotted at Swim Week, Mario Lopez parties on yacht

    LeAnn Rimes was impressed by the skimpy swimwear at the Luli Fama presentation at the Raleigh Sunday. She attended along with husband and LeAnn & Eddie costar Eddie Cibrian.

  •  
 Richman

    As seen on TV

    Adam Richman starts fresh with ‘Food Fighters’

    NBC is taking a chance on Adam Richman. The network is going full steam ahead with Food Fighters, debuting 8 p.m. Tuesday. The Man V Food star, who plays host on the new cooking competition, was extremely polite on a recent conference call, a far cry from last month when Richman engaged with various social media users who opposed the slimmed-down foodie’s use of the hashtag #thinspiration, a pro-eating disorder term. Using expletives to lash out, he even suggested one woman “grab a razor blade and draw a bath.” Travel Channel subsequently shelved another one of his shows, Man Finds Food.

Miami Herald

Join the
Discussion

The Miami Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

The Miami Herald uses Facebook's commenting system. You need to log in with a Facebook account in order to comment. If you have questions about commenting with your Facebook account, click here.

Have a news tip? You can send it anonymously. Click here to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Miami Herald and el Nuevo Herald.

Hide Comments

This affects comments on all stories.

Cancel OK

  • Marketplace

Today's Circulars

  • Quick Job Search

Enter Keyword(s) Enter City Select a State Select a Category