1. South Florida sports teams are gearing up for a busy weekend, with UM playing USF, the Marlins wrapping it up at home against the Detroit Tigers and the Miami Dolphins facing the New Orleans Saints on Monday Night Football.
2. Miami-Dade police arrested a suspect in the murder of a South Miami-Dade teenager whose body was found dumped on a construction site. Francisco Granados, 20, was charged early Friday with the murder of 18-year-old Tiffany Cabreja. The case received attention after video showed a body fall from the cargo bed of a truck.
3. A South Florida woman has been convicted by a jury of multiple charges in what prosecutors called a long-running $40 million scam. Testimony showed Rose Marks convinced people money was the source of evil and that they should give her cash and valuables to be cleansed and returned.
4. A Miami federal judge has denied the latest appeal by convicted killer Marshall Lee Gore, whose execution by lethal injection is set for next week. U.S. District Judge Donald Graham agreed the Florida Supreme Court was reasonable in finding Gore's claims of insanity were unfounded.
5. Feel the difference in the air? Y es, it’s a bit cooler and drier in South Florida. Highs will reach the low-90s before cooling off again into the low-70s Friday night.