Could Zac Efron end up like Glee’s Corey Monteith, who died of a drug overdose?
The National Enquirer worries the scenario is possible. The magazine published a photo of the High School Musical star passed out after a reputed “hillbilly heroin” overdose.
Efron had completed a stint in rehab for cocaine addiction. But an unnamed source told the Enquirer the 25-year-old actor had to be revived after snorting too much oxycodone in a New York hotel suite earlier this year.
“I was scared for him,” said the eyewitness. “My worst fear was that he’d died from an overdose.”
The source added: “If Zac doesn’t clean himself up, he’ll be Hollywood’s next big drug tragedy.”