After a power outage that forced a 12-day Mediterranean cruise to end early, the Royal Princess will be able to depart as scheduled on its next trip.
Princess Cruises said its newest ship will leave for a 12-day trip Friday from Barcelona, as planned. The vessel was in Naples Tuesday, and will get the needed repairs as it sails to Barcelona. Passengers are being sent home on flights arranged by Princess.
A company spokeswoman said the power loss was caused by a technical malfunction of the circuit breakers for the starboard propulsion motor.
Princess is owned by Miami-based Carnival Corp. Royal Princess, which launched earlier this year, will be based in Port Everglades from late October through April.