American International Fine Art Fair: Feb. 4-9, 2014. Palm Beach County Convention Center, 650 Okeechobee Blvd., West Palm Beach. 239-495-7293 or aifaf.com
Art Basel Miami Beach: Dec. 5-8. 1901 Convention Center Dr., Miami Beach. www.artbaselmiamibeach.com.
Art Deco Weekend: Jan. 17-19, 2014. Ocean Drive, Miami Beach. 305-672-2014, www.artdecoweekend.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arteamericas 2013: Dec. 5-8 Wynwood Arts District, Miami. 305-856-7595 or www.arteamericas.com.
Art in the Park: Nov. 9-10. Liberty Tree Park, 7421 NW Fifth St., Plantation.
Art Miami: Dec. 5-8; Art Miami Pavilion, The Miami Midtown Arts District, Midtown Boulevard (31st Street at Northeast First Avenue), Miami. 1-888-772-8926 or art-miami.com
Art Palm Beach: Jan. 23-27, 2014; Palm Beach County Convention Center, 650 Okeechobee Blvd., West Palm Beach. 239-495-9834 or www.artpalmbeach.com.
Beaux Arts Festival of Art: Jan. 18-19; grounds of University of Miami, Coral Gables. 305-668-8499 or www.beauxartsmiami.org.
Broward Attractions and Museums Month (BAMM): June 2014. www.bamminfo.org.
Coconut Grove Arts Festival: Feb. 15-17, 2014. McFarlane Road and South Bayshore and Pan American drives in Coconut Grove. 305-447-0401 or www.cgaf.com.
Coral Springs Festival of the Arts: March 15-16, 2014. The Walk, 2600-2920 University Dr., Coral Springs. www.artfestival.com.
Cuisine for Art: Held in May (date TBA for 2014); Art and Culture Center of Hollywood, 1650 Harrison St., Hollywood. artandculturecenter.org.
Deering Estate Festival of the Arts: Held in February (date is TBA); Deering Estate, 16701 SW 72nd Ave., Palmetto Bay. 305-235-1668 or www.deeringestate.org.
DWNTWN Art Days: Sept. 20-22. Grand Central Park at Miami Worldcenter, 700 N. Miami Ave., Park West. 305-206-5209 or www.dwntwnarts.com.
Festival of the Trees: Nov. 21; Coral Gables Museum, 285 Aragon Ave., Coral Gables. 305-348-6914.
Gulfstream Park Art Festival: Dec. 14-15. The Village at Gulfstream Park, 501 S. Federal Hwy., Hallandale Beach. 954-378-0900, 847-926-4300 or www.thevillageatgulfstreampark.com.
Las Olas Art Fair in the Fall: Oct. 19-20; 600 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale. www.artfestival.com.
Las Olas Art Fair Part I & II: Jan. 4-5 and March 1-2, 2014; 600 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale. www.artfestival.com.
Mad Hatter Arts Festival: Nov. 16-17. Barnacle Historic State Park, 3485 Main Hwy., Coconut Grove, 305-442-6866, and along the sidewalk area of Main Highway.
Miami River Art Fair 2013: Dec. 5-8; Miami Convention Center Riverfront Hall, 400 SE Second Ave., Downtown Miami. 305-395-3599 or www.miamiriverartfair.com.
Miami International Art Fair 2014: Jan. 16-20, 2014. Aboard SeaFair docked at Bayfront Dock, 100 Chopin Plaza, downtown Miami. www.expoships.com.
Museum of Art Fort Lauderale/Nova Southeastern University National Art Festival: Held in January (date TBA); Huizenga Plaza and Park, 32 E. Las Olas Blvd. (at Andrews Avenue), Fort Lauderdale. 954-525-5500 or moafl.org.
New Art Dealers Alliance (NADA) Art Fair. Dec. 5-8; The Deauville Beach Resort, 6701 Collins Ave., Miami Beach. 305-347-7400 or newartdealers.org.
Pulse Miami: Dec. 5-8; Ice Palace, 1400 N. Miami Ave., Miami. http://pulse-art.com/miami/
Rotary Key Biscayne Art Festival: March 15-16, 2014; The Village Green, 455 Grand Bay Dr., (on Crandon Boulevard), Key Biscayne. 561-746-6615 or www.artfestival.com.
St. Stephen’s Art Show: Held in February (date TBA). Held on the campus of St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church, 2750 McFarlane Rd., Coconut Grove. 305-648-0056 or artshows.org.
Scope Miami: Dec. 4-7. Held at Scope Pavilion, 1000 Ocean Dr., Miami Beach. scope-art.com.
South Miami Rotary Art Festival: Feb. 22-23, 2014. Held along Sunset Drive between U.S. 1 and Red Road. 305-769-5977 or southmiamiartfest.org.
Spectrum Miami: Dec. 5-8. Spectrum Miami Tent, 3011 NE First Ave., Wynwood. $500-$50,000. spectrum-miami.com/.
TrasH-2-Art Competition/Exhibit: Dec. 6. Studio 18 in the Pines, 1101 Poinciana Dr., Hollywood. 888-828-8242 or bit.ly/trash2art2013.
MIAMI-DADE MUSEUMS, CONSORTIUMS, INSTITUTIONS
Archbishop Curley Notre Dame High School Gallery of Art: 4949 NE Second Ave., Miami. 305-751-8367 or acnd.net:
• Art Transforms Lives — Second Annual Teaching Artist Exhibit: Sept. 23-Oct. 1.
• “The Cure Package” by Lisa Boccard: Oct. 5-Nov. 6.
• Silvia Lizama ’75, a retrospective: Nov. 9-Jan. 22.
• Carl Juste ’81, a retrospective: March 8-April 30, 2014.
√ArtSouth: 240 N. Krome Ave., Homestead. 305-247-9406 or www.artsouthhomestead.org:
• Shona Sculptures from Zimbabwe, ongoing.
Bakehouse Art Complex: 561 NW 32nd St., Wynwood. 305-576-2828 or www.bacfl.org:
• Oneiric: Beyond Consciousness: through Oct. 2.
• Behind the Scenes: through Oct. 2.
√Bass Museum of Art: 2100 Collins Ave., Miami Beach. 305-673-7530 or www.bassmuseum.org:
• Eve Sussman-Rufus Corporation: through Nov. 3.
• Hernan Bas-Time, a queer and curious cabinet: Nov. 2-Feb. 23.
• Piotr Uklanski-ESL: Dec. 5-March 16.
√CIFO Art Space (Cisneros Fontanals Art Foundation): 1018 N. Miami Ave., Park West. 305-455-3380 or www.cifo.org:
• Deferred Archive: through Oct. 27.
√ Coral Gables Museum: 285 Aragon Ave., Coral Gables. 305-603-8067 or coralgablesmuseum.org:
• Creating the Dream-George E. Merrick and His Vision for Coral Gables: Sept. 22-29.
√De la Cruz Collection: 23 NE 41st St., Miami. 305-576-6112 or www.delacruzcollection.org:
• From the Collection: through Oct. 12.
√ Patricia and Phillip Frost Art Museum at FIU’s Mitch Maidique Campus: 10975 SW 17th St., Southwest Miami-Dade; 305-348-2890 or thefrost.fiu.edu. Exhibitions are free.
• Six Degrees of Separate Nations—Ebony G. Patterson and Peterson Kamwathi: through Sept. 29.
• Deep Blue by Javier Velasco: through Dec. 31.
• Faculty show: through Oct. 13.
• Crisis and Commerce—World’s Fairs of the 1930s: through Jan. 5.
• Alberto Baraya-Naturalism/Artificiality: Expeditions and Research of the Herbarium of Artificial Plants: through Jan. 5.
• Eternal Cuba—The Darlene M. and Jorge M. Pérez Collection: Oct. 16-Dec. 8.
• Humberto Castro—Tracing Antilles: Oct. 16-Feb. 3.
• From Africa to the Americas: Oct. 16-Jan. 5.
• Things That Cannot Be Seen Any Other Way—The Art of Manuel Mendive: Nov. 16-Jan. 26.
• 2013 Master of Art Education Exhibition: Dec. 11-28.
• Bachelor of Fine Arts Students’ Exhibition: Dec. 11-Jan. 5.
• Karina Chechik: Architectures of Light; Jan. 22-April. 13.
• Capture the Moment: The Pulitzer Prize Photographs; Feb. 12-April 27.
• Our America: The Latino Presence in American Art; March 26-June 22.
• Monika Weiss; April 23-Aug. 3.
• Philippe Dodard; May 7-June 29.
√ Futernick Family Art Gallery at Alper Jewish Community Center: 11155 SW 112th Ave., Kendall. 305-271-9000, ext. 265 or alperjcc.org:
• Rudi Weissenstein-Photographs of Israel with screening of film “Life in Stills:” Sept. 29-Nov. 3.
√HistoryMiami: 101 W. Flagler St., downtown Miami. 305-375-1492 or www.historymiami.org:
• Bob Marley, Messenger: Oct. 11-Jan. 5.
• Tropical Dreams. Permanent exhibition.
√ Jewish Museum of Florida: 301 Washington Ave., Miami Beach. 305-672-5044 or www.jewishmuseum.com:
• Fryd on Fire by Carol Fryd: through Oct. 20.
• MOSAIC — Jewish Life in Florida, 1763 to Present: ongoing.
Lowe Art Museum: University of Miami, 1301 Stanford Dr., Coral Gables. 305-284-3535 or www.lowemuseum.org:
• ArtLab @ The Lowe- From Ancient Art to Modern Molas: Recurring Themes in Indigenous Panamá, through April 27.
• Beauty Beyond Nature-The Glass Art of Paul Stankard: through Oct. 13.
• Pan American Modernism-Avant-Garde Art in Latin America and the United States: through Oct. 13.
• Terrestrial Paradises—Imagery from The Voyages of Captain James Cook: through July 13.
• ?#@*$%! The Mainstream —The Art of DIY Self Expression, Zines From Special Collections, University of Miami Libraries: Nov. 2-Jan. 5.
• Pueblo To Pueblo—The Legacy of Southwest Indian Pottery: Jan. 25-March 23.
• ArtLab @ The Lowe-Converging Cultures in Colonial America: May 9-April 26.
• China’s Last Empire—The Art and Culture of The Qing Dynasty: June 21-Oct. 19.
√ Margulies Collection at the Warehouse: 591 NW 27th St., Wynwood. 305-576-1051 or margulieswarehouse.com:
• Exhibition from China of large-scale site installations featuring Song Dong and Ai Weiwei. Exhibition from Italy of Arte Povera 1969-1999 featuring Pier Paolo Calzolari, Jannis Kounellis, Michaelangelo Pistoletto. Exhibition from Germany of painting and sculpture featuring the works of Anselm Kiefer from 1986-2006: Oct. 16-April 26.
√Miami Beach Botanical Garden: 2000 Convention Center Dr., Miami Beach. 305-673-7256 or www.mbgarden.org:
• Chapungu: through Nov. 16.
• Nayda Collazo-Llorens-Pleasure, Fear and the Pursuit of Happiness: through Nov. 3.
Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA): 770 NE 125th St., North Miami; 305-893-6211 or www.mocanomi.org:
• Love of Technology: Sept. 27-Nov. 3.
• Tracey Emin —Angel Without You: Dec. 4-March 9.
• Wangechi Mutu—A Fantastic Journey: April 11-July 6.
• Pablo Cano—The Art of The Party: August-September 2014.
New World Gallery: 25 NE Second St., Miami. 305-237-3597 or nwsa.mdc.edu/:
• Faculty exhibition: through Sept. 30.
• Breaking Boundaries, photography exhibition: Nov. 7-Dec. 16.
• High School sculpture exhibition: Jan. 30-Feb. 24.
• Rising Stars Exhibition: March 21-April 30.
Perez Art Museum of Miami: 1103 Biscayne Blvd., Miami. 305-375-3000 or www.pamm.org:
• In The Sculpture Garden: Jedd Novatt: Dec. 4.
• Project Gallery: Bouchra Khalili: Dec. 4-Feb. 23.
• Amelia Pelaez: The Craft of Modernity: Dec. 4-Feb. 23.
• Ai Weiwei: According to What?: Dec. 4-March 16.
• Project Gallery: Yael Bartana: Dec. 20-April 20.
• A Human Document: Selections from the Sackner Archive of Concrete and Visual Poetry: Dec. 4-May 25.
• Project Gallery: Hew Locke: Dec. 4-May 25.
• Image Search: Photography from the Collection: Dec. 4-July 27.
• Project Gallery: Monika Sosnowska: Dec. 4-Sept. 28.
• Americana: Selections from the PAMM Collections: Dec. 4-May 1, 2015.
• Edouard Duval-Carrié: Imagined Landscapes: March 13-Aug. 31.
• Caribbean: Crossroads of the World: April 18-Aug. 17.
Rubell Family Collection/Contemporary Arts Foundation: 95 NW 29th St., Wynwood. 305-573-6090 or www.rubellfamilycollection.com:
• Selections from the Rubell Family Collection: through Nov. 1.
Lisa Ann Watson Children’s Discovery Museum at Alper Jewish Community Center: 11155 SW 112th Ave., Kendall. 305-271-9000, ext. 268 or alperjcc.org:
• The Wonderful Wizard of Oz exhibit: Jan. 5-March 23.
√ The Wolfsonian-FIU: 1001 Washington Ave., Miami Beach. 305-531-1001 or www.wolfsonian.org:
• Echoes and Origins — Interwar Italian Design: Sept. 27.
• The Birth of Rome: Nov. 22.
• Rendering War—The Murals of A.G. Santagata: Nov. 22.
√World Erotic Art Museum: 1205 Washington Ave., Miami Beach. 305-532-9336 or www.weam.com:
• Helmut Newton: A Liberating Experience: through March 31, 2014.
BROWARD ART MUSEUMS, CONSORTIUMS AND INSTITUTIONS
Ah-Tah-Thi-Ki Museum: 1 Seminole Way, near Hollywood. 863-902-1113 or www.ahtahthiki.com:
• Camera-man — The Seminole through the Lens of Julian Dimock: through Dec. 9.
√Art and Culture Center of Hollywood: 1650 Harrison St., Hollywood. 954-921-3274 or www.artandculturecenter.org:
• Main Gallery: Francesco LoCastro’s Advent; Middle Galleries: Peter Hammar’s Zeitgeber; Project Room: Jessy Nite’s Behavioral Patterns; The Landing: Dana Lauren Goldstein’s Black Eyes: through Oct. 27.
• Main Gallery: Francie Bishop Good’s Not on Allen St.; Middle Gallery: Charles LaBelle’s Selections from the Dwelling Achive; Square Gallery: Melissa Fredendall’s Temporal Flux; Project Room: Sarah Michelle Rupert’s In Search of Ever After; The Landing: Samantha Brooks’ 1000 Missed Connections: Nov. 7-Jan. 12.
• Main Gallery: Abracadabra-Seventh Annual Exhibition and Fundraiser; Middle Galleries: Virginia Fifield; Project Room: Kristen Thiele; The Landing: Aline Crumb: Jan. 24-March 16.
• Main Gallery: Agustina Woodgate’s The Skin Rug Collection; Middle Galleries: Johnny Robles; Project Room: Juan Erman Gonzalez; The Landing: Toni Mena: March 28-May 25.
• Summer exhibitions. Main Gallery: Nathan Sawaya’s The Art of the Brick – in Pieces; Middle Gallery: Group Show; Square Gallery: Rod Faulds; The Landing: H. Allen Benowitz: June 6- Aug. 17, 2014.
Bonnet House Museum and Gardens: 900 N. Birch Rd., Fort Lauderdale. 954-563-5393 or www.bonnethouse.org:
• Viva Florida 500 Best in Show Series at Gallery 928: through Nov. 3.
√ Coral Springs Museum of Art: 2855 Coral Springs Dr., Coral Springs. 954-340-5000 or www.csmart.org:
• Ronn Jaffe — Mixed Media: through Nov. 9.
• Sandee Berman — Americana Series: through Nov. 9.
• Breast Cancer Awareness Body Painting Project: through Nov. 9.
• Andre Desjardins: Nov. 23-March 15.
• Snowflake Effect: Nov. 23-March 15.
• William Glackens as Illustrator: Nov. 23-Dec. 28.
• Superintendent’s Advanced Placement Studio Art Exhibition: Jan. 4-Feb. 1.
• Mills, Collins & Humphreys: Feb. 8-March 15.
• Henning Haupt: March 29-May 17.
• Craig Carlisle: March 29-May 17.
• Pablo Cano: May 31-Aug. 23.
• Clyde Butcher — Preserving Eden: Sept. 6-Nov. 22.
Rosemary Duffy Larson Gallery, Broward College: 3501 S. Davie Rd., A. Hugh Adams Campus, Davie. 954-201-6894 or www.broward.edu:
• Second Nature Group Exhibition: through Oct. 2.
• Annual Faculty Exhibition: Oct. 10-Nov. 13.
• Kathy Bruce & Alastair Noble Exterior Installations: Nov. 14-Oct. 31, 2014.
• Dawn Gettler Installations — Architectural Paper Sculpture: Nov. 21-Jan. 22.
• Annual Adjunct Faculty Exhibition: Jan. 30-Feb. 28.
• Annual Student Exhibition: March 13-April 16.
• Colleen Toledano Ceramic Installations: April 24-June 20.
√Girls’ Club: 117 NE Second St., Fort Lauderdale. 954-828-9151 or girlsclubcollection.org:
• Following the Line: through Sept. 30
• I think it’s in my Head: Nov. 10-Sept. 30, 2014.
√Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale/Nova Southeastern University: 1 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale. 954-525-5500 or moaflnsu.org:
• Against the Grain—Wood in Contemporary Art, Craft, and Design: Oct. 12-Jan. 20.
• Roman Vishniac Rediscovered: Oct. 19-Jan. 4.
• Spirit of Cobra: Nov. 8-May 18.
• Bob Adelman—Civil Rights Era Photography: Jan. 18-May 4.
• William Glackens: Feb. 23-June 1.
√Nova Southeastern University Alvin Sherman Library & Art Gallery: 3100 Ray Ferraro Jr. Blvd., Davie. 954-262-4600 or www.nova.edu:
• Nature, Symbolism, Mysticism and Color/A Celebration of Art in Honor of 2013 Hispanic Heritage Month: through Oct. 18.
√Sunrise Civic Center Art Gallery: 10610 W. Oakland Park Blvd., Sunrise. 954-747-4641 or www.sunrisefl.gov:
• Messages in Mixed Media-Works by Deborah Gregg and Isabel Perez Salazar: through Oct. 12.
Young At Art Museum: 751 SW 121st Ave., Davie. 954-424-0085 or YoungAtArtMuseum.org:
• Zap! Pow! Bam! The Superhero—The Golden Age of Comic Books, 1938-1950: Oct. 12-Jan. 5.
• Counting Backwards Art Exhibition featuring Rory Carracino, Margi Nothard, Andrew Nigon, Jillian Mayer and Samantha Salsinger: Nov. 8-Jan. 1.
• Eighth Annual Young at Art Recycled Fashion Show-Superheroes Restyled: Nov. 15.
• Annual Interest Art Exhibition: Jan. 25-Feb. 21.
• YAA Festival of the Arts and Juried High School/Art Exhibition: April 12.
PALM BEACH ART MUSEUMS, CONSORTIUMS AND INSTITUTIONS
Boca Raton Museum of Art: 501 Plaza Real, Boca Raton. 561-392-2500 or bocamuseum.org:
• Southwestern Allure-The Art of the Santa Fe Art Colony: Oct. 8-Dec. 29.
• Nancy Davidson — Let’er Buck: Oct. 8-Dec. 29.
√Florida Atlantic University-Lifelong Learning Complex: 5353 Parkside Dr., Jupiter. 561-799-8530 or www.library.fau.edu/npb/npb.htm:
• Rick Newton: The next attempt for life on Earth: through Oct. 15.
√The Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens: 4000 Morikami Park Rd., Delray Beach. 561-495-0233 or www.morikami.org:
• Breaking Boundaries: Contemporary Street Fashions in Japan: Oct. 8-Feb. 23.
• Contemporary Kôgei Styles in Japan: Oct. 8-Feb. 23.
√ Norton Museum of Art: 1451 S. Olive Ave., West Palm Beach. 561-832-5196 or www.norton.org:
• Mickalene Thomas lobby installation: Sept. 17-fall 2014.
• A Masterpiece Rediscovered —Claude-Joseph Vernet’s The Fisherman, 1746: Oct. 10-Dec. 8.
• L.A. Stories —Videos from the West Coast: Nov. 7-Jan. 12.
• The Four Princely Gentlemen —Plum Blossoms, Orchids, Bamboo and Chrysanthemums: Nov. 14-Jan. 26.
• Phyllida Barlow —Hoard: Dec. 3-Feb. 23.
• The Polaroid Years —Instant Photography and Experimentation: Dec. 19-March 23.
• David Webb, Society’s Jeweler: Jan. 16-April 2014.
• To Jane, Love, Andy-Warhol’s First Superstar: Feb. 2-May 25.
• Qing Chic—Chinese Textiles from the 19th to early 20th Century: Feb. 6-May 4.
• Industrial Sublime—Modernism and the Transformation of New York’s Rivers, 1900-1940: March 20-June 22.
• Masterpiece of the Month: May-Oct. 2014.
• Summer Exhibition: June-September 2014. ,
√Palm Beach Photographic Centre: 415 Clematis St., West Palm Beach. 561-253-2600 or www.workshop.org:
• The Conflux of Eternities: Historical Discourse in the Work of Kadir López: through Nov. 16.
• An American Presence in Cuba: through Nov. 16.
√Dorothy F. Schmidt College of Arts and Letters: 777 Glades Rd., Boca Raton. 561-297-2661 or www.fau.edu/galleries:
• Biennial Faculty Exhibition: through Dec. 7.
• Annual Juried Student Exhibition: March 20-April 5.
• Annual Masters of Fine Art (MFA) Graduates exhibition: April 3-23.
• Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County, ImageMakers Photography Exhibition: March 7-11.
• Deadly Medicine—Creating the Master Race: Dec. 14-Feb. 15.
• Fall Bachelor of Fine Arts Exhibition: Nov. 21-Dec. 14.
• Spring Bachelor of Fine Arts Exhibition: April 17-May 3.
• southXeast: Contemporary Southeastern Art: Nov. 1-April 14.
MIAMI-DADE ART GALLERIES
Adamar Fine Arts Gallery: 4141 NE Second Ave., Suite 107, (Miami Design District), Miami. 305-576-1355 or www.adamargallery.com:
Summer Sensations-Group Show: through Oct. 5.
3 D on and off the Wall: Jeff Pullen and more: Oct. 12-Nov. 30.
Art Basel Show-Everything Pop: Dec. 1-Feb. 1.
Photography in Miami: Feb. 7-April 5.
TBA: April 11-May 31.
√Art Fusion Gallery: 1 NE 40th St., Suites 3, 6 and 7, Miami. 305-573-5730 or www.artfusiongallery.com:
• Fusion X—Art Ascension: Oct. 12-Dec. 31.
• Crossing Boundaries: Jan. 11-March 17.
• Essence of Triumph and Color: April 12-June 16.
• Poetic Visions: July 12-Sept. 15, 2014.
• Fusion XI—Global Revelation: Oct. 11-Dec. 15.
ArtSight Gallery: 1524 Ponce de Leon Blvd., Coral Gables. 305-400-8077:
• David S. Valiente—Common Dreams: through Oct. 26.
• Freda Tschumy, sculptor: Nov. 1-Dec. 28.
• Guest artist and Summer Splash competition winner Raul Fernandez and Aimee Perez: Dec. 6-28.
• Barbara O. Davis— Poetry Series: Jan. 3-Feb. 26.
• Dottie Green —Painting from Nature: January 2014.
• Klara Farkas and Georgette Balance—Photos from Africa: Feb. 7-28.
• Marilyn Valiente—Water elements: March 7-April 26.
• Mai Yap: March 2014.
• Adolfo Parrado—Mangroves Series: May 2-June 28.
√David Castillo Gallery: 2234 NW Second Ave., Wynwood. 305-573-8110 or davidcastillogallery.com:
• TM Sisters: through Oct. 15.
• Melvin Martinez: Oct. 16-Nov. 30.
• Xaviera Simmons: Dec. 1-Jan. 31.
Cremata Art Gallery: 1646 SW Eighth St., Coral Way. 305-644-3315 or www.facebook.com/kontempoart.
• Eat Paint Love: Sept. 26-Dec. 26.
√ Dorsch Gallery: 151 NW 24th St., Wynwood. 305-576-1278 or www.dorschgallery.com:
• Victoria Fu: Belle Captive: through Oct. 12.
• Matt Rich: Lookout Parade: through Oct. 12.
• Catherine Czacki / April Street: Oct. 16-Nov. 16.
• There’s Always a First Time—Dave Hardy & Siebren Versteeg: Nov. 23-Dec. 21.
√Dimensions Variable: 171 NE 38th St., Little Haiti. 305-469-3869 or dimensionsvariable.net:
• Pyramid Solitaire —Importing/Exporting Attitudes: through Oct. 20.
• Overhead —Kevin Arrow: November-January.
√Gallery Diet: 174 NW 23rd St., Wynwood. 305-571-2288 or www.gallerydiet.com:
• Why Is Reality a Word, new works by Allan Graham aka Toadhouse: through Nov. 2.
Locust Projects Gallery: 3852 N. Miami Ave. (Design District), Miami. 305-576-8570 or www.locustprojects.org:
• Grid’s World, a collaborative exhibit by five artists: through Oct. 12
• Nicholas Hlobo, Intethe; Project Room: Frances Trombly, Over and Under: Nov. 9-Dec. 20.
√Diana Lowenstein Fine Arts: 2043 N. Miami Ave., Wynwood Art District. 305-576-1804:
• Molly Zuckerman-Hartung: through Oct. 31.
• Daniel Gonzalez— Anna Galtarossa: Nov. 9-Dec. 31.
• Uisuk Byeon— Charlotte Squire: Feb. 1-March 30.
• Michael Scoggins—Alex Gingrow: April 5-May 31.
Miami Dade College Homestead Campus: 500 College Ter., Homestead. 305-237-5000 or www.mdc.edu:
South Florida Splendor-Artworks by Luis Nunez: through Oct. 18.
Fresh AIRIE - Artists- in -Residence in the Everglades: Nov. 11-Dec. 13.
Everglades Prep Project: Jan. 24-Feb. 23.
MDC Emerging Artists 2014: April 17-May 23.
Miami Dade College Kendall Campus Gallery at the Martin & Pat fine Center for the Arts: 11011 SW 104th St., Building M, Kendall. 305-237-2000 or www.mdc.edu:
Ceramic Sculpture by Zak Hemsteger: Oct. 10-Nov. 20.
A Quest for Peace: Dec. 5-18.
Jonathan Beer-American Epic: Jan. 16-March 21.
MDC Emerging Artists 2014: April 3-23.
Synergy-Artists in Collaboration: May 8-Sept. 25.
Miami Dade College North Campus: North Gallery, 11380 NW 27th Ave., Building 5 (Lehman Theater Building). 305-237-6000 or www.mdc.edu:
Modus Perlucidus-New Works by Jorge Dager: through Oct. 18.
Horacio Silva-Naturalezas: Oct. 31-Jan. 10.
Veterans Connect-Dr. Wilma Bulkin Siegel’s Portraits and Conversations with veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan: Jan. 22-March 15.
MDC Emerging Artists 2014 Student Exhibition: March 27-April 30.
SEDT presents Aperture 2014: May 15-June 27.
SEDT presents Graphic Design: July 10-Aug. 22.
Miami Dade College West Campus: 3800 NW 115th Ave., Doral. 305-237-8918 or www.mdc.edu:
Recent Acquisitions-The Norma Niurka Collection: Oct. 4-Jan. 17.
Miami Dade College Wolfson Campus: 300 NE Second Ave., Building 1, third floor, Miami. 305-237-3000 or www.mdc.edu:
Cristobal Gonzalez Guzman-Pintor de Caballete: through Nov. 8.
Havana Revisited, An Architectural Heritage: Nov. 18-Feb. 14.
MDC League for Innovation: Feb. 26-March 26.
MDC Emerging Artists 2014: April 9-30.
√Pan American Art Projects: 2450 NW Second Ave., Wynwood. 305-573-2400 or www.panamericanart.com:
• Vanitas: through Nov. 23.
• Ted Larsen: Gimcrack & Carolina Sardi: Fairy Tales: Jan. 10-March 2.
• Luis Cruz Azaceta: Up*Side*Down | Luis Enrique Camejo: Miami Cool: April 18-May 25.
Rosenbaum Contemporary: St. Regis Bal Harbour, 9703 Collins Ave., Bal Harbour. 305-864-4968 or www.rosenbaumcontemporary.com:
• Simon Procter: through Sept. 30.
Biscayne Nature Center: 6767 Crandon Blvd., Key Biscayne. 305-361-6767 or www.biscaynenaturecenter.org:
The Latest Works of Jacqueline Roch: through Oct. 30.
Larry Poons, abstract painter: Jan. 2014
Dante Fascell Visitor Center Gallery at Biscayne National Park: 9700 SW 328th St., Homestead. 305-230-7275 or www.nps.gov/bisc:
• Florida’s Forgotten Reefs, photos by the South Florida Underwater Photography Society: through Nov. 24.
• Nature is Home, Upcycled Mixed Media by Alex Yanes: Dec. 6-Feb. 23.
• Biscayne Bay—Photography from a Canoe, photography by Constance Mier: Feb. 28-June 1.
• Water Colors —Pastels by Tom Weinkle: June 6-Sept. 7.
• Reclaimed—Paintings on Marine Debris: Sept. 12-Nov. 30.
BROWARD ART GALLERIES
√Artists’ Haven Gallery: 2757 E. Oakland Park Blvd., Fort Lauderdale. 954-817-4893 or www.artistshavengallery.com:
• Group Exhibition: through Sept. 30.
• Sorin Bica — The Story Teller: through Sept. 30.
• H. Lloyd Weston — Images of Beauty (Art in our Time): Oct. 1-30.
Broward Art Guild Gallery: 3280 NE 32nd St., Fort Lauderdale. 954-537-3370 or www.BrowardArtGuild.org:
• Abstractions: through Sept. 27.
• Raining Cats and Dogs: Oct. 2-25.
• Members Anniversary Exhibit —Open Theme: Nov. 8-Dec. 3.
• Small Works: Nov. 29-Dec. 27.
• Broward Art Guild Youth Art Competition & Exhibit: Dec. 6-Jan. 7.
• Winter Exhibit: Jan. 3-24.
Lauderhill Arts Center Gallery: 5450 NW 19th St., Lauderhill. 954-465-0674:
• Portals: A Journey into Space and Time by Joan Keirstead: Oct. 1-29.
Timothy Leistner/Artist’s Eye Fine Art Gallery: 38 S. Federal Hwy., #2, Dania Beach. 954-554-3153:
• Calder-Crowley-Leistner / the art exhibition: through Oct. 10.
• Behind Our Eyes —United Cerebral Palsy Student Art Exhibition: Oct. 20-30.
• Harvest, a solo exhibition of Timothy Leistner: Nov. 5-30.
• The Fine Art of Timothy Leistner” Jan. 13-Feb. 13.
Lobby Gallery: City Hall, 100 N. Andrews Ave., Fort Lauderdale. 954-828-5000:
• Broward Art Guild “Featured Artist” Exhibit: May 2-30.
Miramar Cultural Center/ArtsPark: 2400 Civic Center Place, (Red Road), Miramar. 954-602-4500 or MiramarCulturalCenter.org:
• Photography from The Jack Mitchell Collection: through Dec. 31.
St. Lawrence Gallery:
Studio 18 In The Pines: 1101 Poinciana Dr., Pembroke Pines. 954-961-6067:
• The Sincerity Project: through Sept. 30.
• Perfect Absence—The Work of Distinct Painters; Asser Saint-Val, Klara Chavarria, JoAnn Nava: Oct. 7-Dec. 2.
• Something Sweet Juried Art Competition; cash prizes awarded: Dec. 9-Jan. 27.
DoubleTree by Hilton: 100 Fairway Dr., Deerfield Beach.
• Chibi Pa-Infinity, a Japanese anime and cultural convention; www.chibipa.com: Nov. 22-24.
Art on Park Studios and Gallery:
Az the Wizard Custom Frame Gallery:
Elaine Baker Gallery:
Clay Glass Metal Stone Cooperative Gallery:
Rosenbaum Contemporary: 150 Yamato Rd., Boca Raton. 561-994-9180 or www.rosenbaumcontemporary.com:
• Raphael Mazzucco: The American Tour: through Oct. 10.
• Thomas Hartmann —Immediate Geographies, an exhibition of paintings: Oct. 3-Nov. 23.