1. Miami-Dade will be talking money — and where it should be spent. A public hearing on the county budget begins at 5:01 p.m. Thursday before commissioners vote on the plan.
2. Will Ryan Tannehill be back on the practice field Thursday? The Dolphins quarterback sat out part of the day Wednesday after injuring his shoulder in last weekend’s game against the Colts. The Dolphins play their first game at home Sunday against the Atlanta Falcons.
3. Figures released by the U.S. Census Bureau show household income in Florida continues to stagnate almost five years from the depth of recession. The Census figures released Thursday also show that Florida's largest metro areas — South Florida, Tampa and Orlando — rank at the bottom in income levels for the nation's most populous cities.
4. Thursday got off to a drier start — but don’t be fooled. More storms are forecast for the afternoon and evening. Friday and Saturday are looking better, with rain returning on Sunday.
5. Florida Gov. Rick Scott plans to seek a U.S. Supreme Court review of his executive order requiring random drug tests for thousands of state employees. Attorneys for the Republican governor are asking a Miami federal judge to delay proceedings in a lawsuit challenging the tests until the Supreme Court decides whether to hear the appeal. U.S. District Judge Ursula Ungaro has set a Thursday hearing in the case.