• Impact player: Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill had his first pass blocked, then completed his next four in leading two scoring drives.
• Highlights: Mike Wallace’s 18-yard touchdown off a wide receiver screen with perfect downfield blocking by linemen and receivers. Charles Clay’s block on the Wallace touchdown and his 67-yard catch to set up running back Lamar Miller’s 10-yard touchdown run. Safety Chris Clemons knocking away a potential Colts touchdown pass.
• Lowlights: The Colts got their running game going on the edges and, once again, the Dolphins found covering the tight end position troublesome.
• Impact player: Indianapolis wide receiver T.Y. Hilton caught three passes for 71 yards in the quarter, including two for 65 yards, to set up Indianapolis’ second touchdown.
• Highlights: Tannehill responded to the Colts taking a 17-14 lead by going 4 of 5 (with a drop) to set up Caleb Sturgis’ 54-yard field goal that ended the half. Tannehill also had a wonderful throw into Brian Hart line’s outstretched hands for a 24-yard gain.
• Lowlights: Too many drops by Dolphins (including Tannehill dropping a botched snap), too much pressure allowed on Tannehill and too little pressure by the Dolphins defense on Colts quarterback Andrew Luck.
• Impact player: Tannehill went 3 for 3 for 65 yards on the drive leading to Clay’s 1-yard touchdown run that proved to be the eventual game-winning touchdown. Tannehill also fumbled twice, losing one to set up the Colts’ field goal.
• Highlights: A desperate pass breakup by Jason Trusnik, just into the game for Koa Misi, and an illegal shift penalty helped hold Indianapolis to a field goal after a fumble recovery at the Dolphins’ 39. A third-and-1 stop preceded the Dolphins’ touchdown drive on which Wallace caught two passes for 45 yards.
• Lowlights: Tannehill’s two fumbles, both partially a product of poor pass protection.
• Impact player: Dolphins cornerback Brent Grimes got position on Hilton and intercepted a pass thrown by Luck in the end zone to halt a drive that preserved the Dolphins lead.
• Highlights: Grimes’ interception earlier in the quarter. The Dolphins defense held the Colts on downs after first down at the Dolphins’ 23 with 1:50 left in the game. The defense forced Luck to throw three incompletions, and linebacker Phillip Wheeler helped to seal the game with a sack off a blitz.
• Lowlights: The failure of the Dolphins to convert a fourth-and-1 against a-not-so-stout run defense doesn’t speak well of the Dolphins offensive line.