1. Meet Hurricane Humberto, almost a record-breaker. Humberto is No. 2 on the list of the latest-forming hurricanes in nearly half a century, losing out by three hours to Gustav, a late arrival, in 2002.
2. Tributes in South Florida will mark the 12th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks. Events include a prayer service at Barry University and a ceremony at Miami Dade College. In New York, victims’ loved ones will gather at ground zero.
3. Investigators are trying to put together a broken iPad to see video that could help determine if charges should be filed in a domestic spat involving George Zimmerman and his estranged wife.
4. Miami-Dade commissioners, in voting to spare the library system of cuts and layoffs, now have a $20 million budget hole to solve for next year.
5. After a delay, a Key Biscayne musician could be sentenced Wednesday for the drunk-driving crash that killed a cyclist on the Rickenbacker Causeway. Carlos Bertonatti faces from 11 to 37 years in prison.