1. Can they beat County Hall? Activists will swarm the Miami-Dade commission chambers Tuesday to protest a 2013-14 budget that includes the layoffs of librarians and firefighters. This first public hearing will be the last chance for people who want to see a higher tax rate to ward off the cuts.
2. A 60-year-old Broward woman faces a life sentence for using her psychiatric practice to steal millions from Medicare. She was convicted in June with three other defendants of submitting false claims for $67 million over a decade.
3. The Hurricanes beat the Gators again as UM comes in at 47th and UF at 49th on the annual Best Colleges list by U.S. News & World Report. FSU came in at 91 and UCF and USF tied for 170th.
4. A Key Biscayne musician will be sentenced for the drunk-driving crash that killed a cyclist on the Rickenbacker Causeway. Carlos Bertonatti faces from 11 to 37 years in prison.
5. Expect to get wet again, with a 30-40 percent chance of rain, expected mostly in the afternoon. The National Weather Service says Wednesday could be even wetter, with a 60 percent chance.