• Impact player: Miami quarterback Ryan Tannehill took the Dolphins on a long drive on the second possession of the season and completed seven of his 11 passes for 56 yards in the first quarter.
• Highlights: Cleveland was driving on its first possession of the game when Miami’s Nolan Carroll picked off Brandon Weeden at the 1 on third down. Weeden was looking for former UM standout Travis Benjamin.
• Lowlights: There weren’t many for Miami save for Brandon Gibson dropping a first-down pass from Tannehill on the first possession. Gibson made up for it with a pair of third-down catches later in the half — including one on the Dolphins’ next drive.
• Impact player: Former Dolphins wide receiver Davone Bess drew a pair of penalties on former teammate Dimitri Patterson (facemask) and Dannell Ellerbe (holding) deep in Miami territory late in the half.
• Highlights: Patterson’s first interception of the half put Miami in prime position, but Tannehill was sacked on third down. Miami settled for the second field goal of Caleb Sturgis’ young career and a 6-0 lead.
• Lowlights: The Browns moved downfield on their final possession of the half aided by Miami penalties. Cleveland got its first lead on a 7-yard touchdown pass from Weeden to Jordan Cameron.
• Impact player: Dolphins defensive end Cameron Wake made sure Weeden knew he was around as he sacked the Cleveland quarterback for a 9-yard loss on one play before breaking up a pass on the next.
• Highlights: The Dolphins scored their first touchdown of the 2013 season with 6:46 left in the third quarter as Tannehill and Brian Hartline hooked up for a 34-yard pass down the left sideline. Miami led 13-7 at that point.
• Lowlights: Penalties continued to affect Miami as Marcus Thigpen’s 74-yard punt return was called back on Carroll’s hold. On the ensuing play, two Dolphins were called for holding. Only one ( Richie Incognito) stood.
• Impact player: Tannehill was near flawless in leading Miami to its second touchdown midway through the quarter. Tannehill was 6 of 7 for 79 of Miami’s 85 yards in the scoring drive, which was capped by Daniel Thomas’ 1-yard run.
• Highlights: Miami pretty much closed out the Browns after its 10-play, 85-yard touchdown drive. On fourth-and-2 from the 33, Wake got his second solo sack of the day by dropping Weeden at the Cleveland 25 with 5:33 left.
• Lowlights: The Dolphins were conservative after Wake’s sack, running the ball three times for seven yards. That set up Sturgis’ third field goal (36 yards) with 3:59 left to make it 23-10 as the field goal was the final score for both teams.