1. The Miami Marlins are officially out of the playoffs. Despite winning against the Cubs and having a perfect September so far, the Marlins have been mathematically eliminated from contention.
2. Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi is joining with 21 other states that support a National Rifle Association effort to overturn a federal gun law. The lawsuit— which is now before the U.S. Supreme Court — seeks to end a federal prohibition on the sale of handguns by federally licensed dealers to people ages 18 to 20.
3. The Jewish New Year, Rosh Hashana, begins at sundown with prayer, festive meals, and even a twist on the usual celebrations.
4. Rain chance is down to 20 percent, but that outlook might still bring thunderstorms in the afternoon to South Florida. Highs will be around 90.
5. Another suspect is dead after being shot by a police Taser stun gun. The latest incident happened at a Pinecrest home when officers tried to arrest an obese naked man involved in a fight at his neighbor’s.