1. Diana Nyad plans to address reporters from Key West after a night of rest and recovery after her historic 52-hour swim from Cuba to the Southernmost City.
2. The Big 3 college football teams in the state — UF, UM and FSU — have all gotten off to a strong start as the Seminoles rolled over Pitt. The Canes and Gators are gearing up to face each other Saturday.
3. Florida workers are earning less per hour than in 2000, according to a research institute at Florida International University. The study showed businesses aren’t increasing wages as quickly as they are increasing prices charged customers.
4. Drivers on a stretch of Interstate 95 in Miami-Dade can go a bit faster now. The speed limit between State Road 112 and Northwest 151st Street has increased to 60 from 55 in both directions.
5. For those celebrating the Jewish High Holidays, which begin Wednesday evening, the cooking and prep starts. South Florida food pros are sharing their recipes and ideas.