1. Police in South Florida are targeting drunken and aggressive drivers Friday night through the Labor Day weekend. DUI checkpoints will be set up in several cities, including Miami and Hollywood.
2. The University of Miami Hurricanes open their 2013 football season vs. Florida Atlantic University at Sun Life Stadium. Howard Schnellenberger, coach of the 1983 UM national champs and the architect of the FAU football team, will be honored. The 8 p.m. game will be shown on ESPNU.
3. Florida has the second-highest rate of uninsured people under 65. And Miami is No 2 in the state for people without health insurance.
4. It’s mostly clear in South Florida, with a 20 to 30 percent chance of rain. Bad news: Highs in near. Similar weather is in the forecast for Saturday.
5. In South Florida for Labor Day weekend? There’s lots going on. Events include the home design show in Miami Beach and a bird festival in Davie.