1. The county budget is up for discussion as Miami-Dade commissioners gather to assess the 2013-14 spending plan that keeps the property tax rate flat but includes service cuts and layoffs. Commissioners also will discuss a union benefits leading up to a vote on Thursday.
2. A trial offering a peek into the world of psychics starts in Broward, pitting a Fort Lauderdale fortune teller against her clients. Rose Marks is accused of masterminding a $25 million fraud over 20 years.
3. An anti-gang walk is planned in Miami Gardens in the aftermath of the shooting death of a 12-year-old girl. Gunfire ripped through the home where Tequila Forshee was getting her hair braided.
4. Rain chance is 50 percent to start the workweek weather, but Tuesday onward is expected to be drier. Highs in South Florida will be around 90.
5. The new Common Core education standards will be discussed at a Florida education summit in Clearwater. Supporters say the new benchmarks will raise expectations for children nationwide by encouraging critical and analytical thinking, while allowing for a comparison of student performance across state lines. Others consider the initiative an overreach of the federal government.