• Allen Iverson plans to formally announce his retirement. Dear A.I.: You last played in 2010. I think the NBA already made that decision for you.
Dolphins guard Richie Incognito
• The NFL denied it pressured broadcast partner ESPN to cease involvement in a documentary that portrays the league as slow to address head injuries. Yeah, right, said America.
Ex-Patriot Aaron Hernandez and South African blade runner Oscar Pistorius both were formally charged this week with first-degree murder and impersonating a role model.
• Someone told me Brian Wilson debuted with the Dodgers last week. Im glad they specified it was the pitcher with the black beard. I was picturing a 71-year-old Beach Boy taking the mound.
• Former Ohio State coach Jim Tressel is teaching a general principles of coaching course at Akron. Lesson 1: Embrace the nerd look with a closet full of sweater vests.
• The Arizona Rattlers won a second consecutive Arena Football League title, surprising analysts who were unaware the arena league still existed.
• In womens golf, Europe retained the Solheim Cup, and even Solheim barely cared.
• American 100-meter record holder Tyson Gay
• NASCAR teamed with actress Alyssa Milano to create a line of fashionable apparel for women race fans. I am picturing a tastefully sequined Confederate flag.
• I read that Calder and Gulfstream are at war, running concurrent dates and fighting for bettors. And its true. The other day I saw armies of jockeys from both tracks on horseback, jousting.
The Harlem Globetrotters exhibition basketball franchise is for sale. Assets include a pail that you think is full of water but actually only contains confetti!
• The Association of Nigerian Prostitutes has offered free sex to the national soccer team for winning the African Cup. I feel like that association would have interesting board meetings.
• NFL plans to place cameras inside locker rooms and start airing video to fans inside stadiums. It will be a good idea until the moment a horrified crowd is accidentally shown a 365-pound guard with no pants.
• Parting thought: Youve heard of NFL fantasy drafts? I plan to hold an NFL reality draft. In my league, you select players and score points based on how often they test positive or get arrested, suspended or fined.
Visit Gregs Random Evidence of a Cluttered Blog daily at MiamiHerald.com and follow on Twitter @gregcote, on Instagram/upsetbird and on Vine/Greg Cote.