1. The 1972 Miami Dolphins team that went undefeated is being honored by President Barack Obama in Washington. Back when the Dolphins went 17-0, the traditional White House celebration for championship teams was still a few years away.
2. A high risk of rip currents is in effect until 8 p.m. Two people swimming off Miami Beach died Sunday after getting caught in a current. Tuesday’s South Florida forecast calls for a 30 percent chance of rain with a high near 90.
3. The people behind a budding Miami-Orlando train service are about to begin talks for property near the Lyric Theater in Overtown for a station and transit hub. Launch of the service is expected by the end of 2015.
4. Donald Trump’s golf resort is a mess — construction equipment, dirt mounds, detours — as it undergoes a $250 million renovation that includes newly designed courses and hotel room makeovers. But managers say the Blue Monster will be ready for the World Golf Championships in March. Completion of the resort is a year away.
5. The second day of school is sometimes more difficult than the first day as the excitement wears off and the reality sets in. Check out MomsMiami’s guide to coping, with tips on safety, lunch, bedtime, as well as a link to our ongoing education coverage.