• South Florida Freedivers will meet at 8 Thursday night at Whiskey Joe’s at Rickenbacker Marina on Virginia Key for a dive-gear raffle. Visit southfloridafreedivers.com.
The South Atlantic Fishery Management Council will hold a public hearing at 4 p.m. Thursday at the Hilton Key Largo Resort, 97000 S. Overseas Hwy. The session will cover new rule amendments on snapper/grouper; dolphin/wahoo; coral; king and Spanish mackerel; and cobia. For more information, visit www.safmc.net.
• The Reef Environmental Education Foundation (REEF) will celebrate 20 years with REEF Fest Thursday through Sunday in Key Largo. Events include a cocktail/dinner party, open house, sunset dinner cruise, diving excursions and fish surveys. For more information, visit www.reef.org/REEFFest2013/registration.
The South Florida Fishing Club will meet Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. at Tony Roma’s restaurant, 18050 Collins Ave., Sunny Isles Beach. Guest speaker is captain Russell Kleppinger. Paul Ripa of Rippy’s Bait and Tackle in North Miami Beach will also attend. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission will conduct a free hunter safety course Aug. 16-18 at Camp Redlands, 15415 SW 256th St., Miami. For more information, call 561-625-5122.
• The Miami Beach Rowing Club will conduct learn-to-row programs the weekends of Aug. 17 and Aug. 24 at the club, 6500 Indian Creek Dr., Miami Beach. Fee is $195 per session. .com or Call 305-861-8876.
• Help promote high school fishing in the fifth annual Spartan Fishing Tournament, a multi-species inshore and offshore contest, Aug. 24 at La Siesta Resort & Marina in Islamorada. Visit www.paceanglersclub.com.
• The Florida Nursery Growers and Landscape Association will present the 13th annual Day on the Bay Tournament on Sept. 7. Anglers may fish Biscayne, Florida or Whitewater bays. Entry fee is $70 for adults; $30 for juniors 15 and under. Call Karen at 305-248-1117.
• Catch and release redfish and snook for cash in the second annual Panther Baseball Alumni Club Fishing tournament Sept. 7 in Fort Myers Beach. Entry fee is $250 per boat with a maximum of three anglers. Boaters and waders are welcome. Call Chris Davison at 239-247-4161 or visit www.PantherBaseballAlumni.org.