1. Self-proclaimed ‘party princess’ Karlie Tomica is expected in court to take a plea in the hit-and-run death of a South Beach chef. Tomica, who worked at the Nikki Beach Club, has been charged with DUI manslaughter.
2. The Miami-Dade School Board gets to work, facing new magnet schools, a proposal to open school libraries to the public, and a possible Common Core protest staged by parents. On Tuesday, Broward protesters spoke out against the new Common Core curriculum standards.
3. The Miami Heat will hit the road for the holidays, with a game at the L.A. Lakers on Christmas.
4. Two lobbyists arrested in an FBI bribery crackdown are slated to make their court appearances. They were arrested Tuesday along with the mayors of Miami Lakes and Sweetwater.
5. More than 70,000 soccer fans are expected at Sun Life Stadium for Real Madrid vs. Chelsea in the Guinness International Champions Cup.