TALLAHASSEE -- Social media ban
As Florida State’s players began to prepare for a new season, they sent their final tweets, updated their Instagram and Facebook accounts one last time and then signed off.
Once again, there will be a social media ban this year for the Seminoles.
But unlike last year, this time the decision to get offline didn’t come from the top.
“That was from our unity council,” coach Jimbo Fisher said. “That was not me. [The team leaders] liked it, and they thought we’d eliminate the clutter and other things that go on. That was their decision.”
Tight end plans
With the tight end corps considerably thinned out, Fisher said Tuesday morning that redshirt sophomore defensive end Giorgio Newberry would transition to tight end during practice.
At 6-6, 285 pounds, Newberry will be featured more as a blocker, and junior Nick O’Leary will continue to work as the main receiving option at tight end.
• Redshirt sophomore offensive lineman Trey Pettis will seek a transfer before the upcoming season.