• Four teams competed in Gold Cup soccer Friday at Dolphins stadium: El Salvador, Haiti, Honduras, Trinidad and Tobago. Wait. Isnt that five teams? (Id be upset if I were Tobago, relegated to second billing despite the alphabetical advantage.)
• Kevin Durant is marrying WNBA player Monica Wright. I just placed a bet that their first child will lead the nursery in scoring.
• NCAA is close to announcing sanctions in the UM/ Nevin Shapiro matter. One source indicated any additional penalties would be minor. However, a second source accused that first source of being drunk.
• Good news: The Panthers held their postdraft developmental camp in Coral Springs. Better news: One of the Cats big NHL rivals got weaker fast with Ilya Kovalchuks abrupt retirement from New Jersey.
• Chicagoans were outraged to see a photo of Justin Bieber in the Blackhawks locker room posing with the Stanley Cup. What that tells us is, except for adolescent girls who havent defected to One Direction yet, just about everybody hates Justin Bieber.
• As the seemingly endless Tour de France continues, a crazed spectator doused British cyclist Mark Cavendish with urine. I was never caught.
• Ohio States Urban Meyer, who coached accused murderer Aaron Hernandez at Florida, wants to wash his hands of all responsibility for the man Hernandez became. Aint enough soap in the world, Urb.
Florida State lineman Menelik Watson received his Atlantic Coast Conference championship ring, but it was engraved SEC champion instead. Hmm. Not sure if Id complain or even tell anybody.
• Giancarlo Stanton appeared nude in ESPN The Magazines Body issue, holding the Earth on his shoulders like Atlas. Thats about what the Marlins will have to offer Stanton for him to re-sign: the world.
• Parting thought: Jets coach Rex Ryan found himself in Spain last week during the annual Running of the Bulls, scrambling to avoid being gored. It was the first time Ive ever rooted for the bulls.
Visit Gregs Random Evidence of a Cluttered Blog daily at MiamiHerald.com and follow on Twitter @gregcote, on Instagram/upsetbird and on Vine/Greg Cote.