Sadler aiming for another 'Dash 4 Cash' payday

 

The Sports Network

Daytona was the first of four races in this year's "Dash 4 Cash" bonus program from Nationwide Insurance, which is the title sponsor of NASCAR's second-tier series. Elliott Sadler, Brian Vickers, Austin Dillon and rookie Kyle Larson were those drivers eligible for a $100,000 bonus there. Sadler's finish at Daytona was two and three spots in front of Dillon and Larson. Vickers placed 13th.

By winning the first Dash 4 Cash race, Sadler automatically qualified for the program's second event this weekend at New Hampshire International Speedway. Dillon, Larson and Sam Hornish Jr., who finished seventh at Daytona, are eligible for the cash award in Saturday's race as well.

If Sadler wins the bonus at New Hampshire and Chicagoland (July 21) and then scores the victory in the Indianapolis race (July 27), he will be awarded $600,000, totaling $1 million in winnings.

"This is the third year in a row that I've won at least one of these Dash 4 Cash (races), and now we're eligible for New Hampshire," Sadler said. "We're looking forward to going up there and seeing if we can make it two in a row."

Sadler's best finish in his past five Nationwide races at New Hampshire is fourth, which occurred in 2005. He finished seventh at this track one year ago when he drove for Richard Childress Racing. Sadler is in his first season driving for Joe Gibbs Racing.

"I've been pretty good there in the past, and I think that this weekend we really have to focus on track position, because it is so hard to pass," he said. "Pit strategy will definitely come into play."

Dillon collected the $100,000 bonus in the 2012 race at New Hampshire. He finished third in that event.

"I have a lot of laps there from running in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East Division and running some NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races there," Dillon said. "I've always been very successful, but I haven't been able to get to victory lane there yet. I feel like we've always been in the top five or top six. Hopefully, we can break through there this year and get a win. We earned the Nationwide Insurance Dash 4 Cash $100,000 bonus there last year, so I think it's a good time to try to get to victory lane."

Forty-three teams are on the preliminary entry list for the CNBC Prime the Profit 200.

Kyle Busch, Kasey Kahne, Matt Kenseth, who won at Daytona, and Paul Menard are those Sprint Cup Series regulars entered in this race. Ryan Preece, Brett Butler and Chad Hackenbracht are scheduled to make their Nationwide debuts at New Hampshire.

Series: NASCAR Nationwide. Date: Saturday, July 13. Race: CNBC Prime the Profit 200. Site: New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Track: 1.058-mile oval. Start time: 3:30 p.m. ET. Laps: 200. Miles: 211.6. 2012 Winner: Brad Keselowski. Television: ABC. Radio: Performance Racing Network (PRN)/SIRIUS NASCAR Radio.

Read more Nationwide Series stories from the Miami Herald

  • Sadler aiming for another 'Dash 4 Cash' payday

    Daytona was the first of four races in this year's "Dash 4 Cash" bonus program from Nationwide Insurance, which is the title sponsor of NASCAR's second-tier series. Elliott Sadler, Brian Vickers, Austin Dillon and rookie Kyle Larson were those drivers eligible for a $100,000 bonus there. Sadler's finish at Daytona was two and three spots in front of Dillon and Larson. Vickers placed 13th.

  • NASCAR - Nationwide - New England 200 Preview

  • Kenseth wins Nationwide race at Daytona

    Matt Kenseth won Friday night's Nationwide Series race at Daytona International Speedway after he received pushing help from James Buescher during a two-lap overtime finish.

Get your Miami Heat Fan Gear!

Join the
Discussion

The Miami Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

The Miami Herald uses Facebook's commenting system. You need to log in with a Facebook account in order to comment. If you have questions about commenting with your Facebook account, click here.

Have a news tip? You can send it anonymously. Click here to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Miami Herald and el Nuevo Herald.

Hide Comments

This affects comments on all stories.

Cancel OK

  • Videos

  • Quick Job Search

Enter Keyword(s) Enter City Select a State Select a Category