• Answer: Rapper Snoop Dogg sent out his support to defrocked Patriot and accused murderer Aaron Hernandez. Question: What makes you say marijuana use can addle the brain?
• The Reds Homer Bailey pitched the seasons first no-hitter, and the second of his career. How weird that a pitcher would be named Homer. Heck, how weird that anybody would be named Homer!
• Answer: Nationals pitcher Gio Gonzalez of Hialeah bought Lamborghinis for him and his brother, a Rolls-Royce for Mom, a Bentley for Dad, and a boat for his brother. Question: Can you think of an athlete who is a good bet to be broke some day?
Hip-hop mogul/sports agent Jay-Z slams rival baseball agent Scott Boras in a new song. Cannot confirm Boras will answer in a rap record of his own.
• The Texas Rangers signed Manny Ramirez, 41, to a minor-league contract. Remember when Manny Being Manny was sort of charming? At this point, Manny being still here is sort of annoying.
• Baseball umpire Brian Runge was fired for a failed drug test. The reasoning: Umpires are bad enough sober.
• Heat president Pat Riley, while with the Lakers in 1989, trademarked the word Three-Peat. I think I might owe Pat for the unauthorized use just now.
• Parting thought: Retired Bobby Bowden has accepted a marketing/promotions role with Florida State. His first suggestion: Drop the schools politically incorrect Seminoles nickname and henceforth refer to all FSU teams as the Dadgumits.
Visit Gregs Random Evidence of a Cluttered Blog daily at MiamiHerald.com and follow on Twitter @gregcote, on Instagram/upsetbird and on Vine/Greg Cote.