Celebrity roundup

50 Cent denies wrongdoing

 
 

50 Cent
50 Cent
Jeff Vespa / Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com

Rapper 50 Cent denies allegations he attacked his ex-girlfriend and trashed her Los Angeles condo.

The In da Club singer’s lawyer says there’s no warrant outstanding on the domestic violence and vandalism charges against 50 Cent, whose real name is Curtis Jackson. If convicted, he faces up to five years in prison and $46,000 in fines. The woman told police that during a June 23 argument, Jackson began destroying property before she locked herself in a bedroom. She says Jackson kicked open the bedroom door and kicked her, causing injury. Police estimated about $7,100 in damage. The woman told police she had been in a three-year relationship and has a baby with Jackson. His arraignment is July 22.

On his way

Britain’s defense ministry says Prince Harry has qualified to command an Apache attack helicopter — the culmination of three years of training. Harry, known in the army as Capt. Wales, earlier this year completed a 20-week deployment in Afghanistan as a copilot gunner on an Apache and since then has flown missions in Britain. Harry underwent months of training to prepare for the test, which involved a “grueling” six-hour flying assessment that took him all over the United Kingdom and required him to perform a variety of tasks, including simulating a low-level attack.

Perfect match

Start getting used to seeing more of Eva Longoria around these parts. She has a local novio. Yup, Longoria couldn’t deny that she was dating Ernesto Arguello any longer. He’s younger (34) and was a contestant on her ill-fated producing effort, Ready for Love.

The actress, 38, confirmed to People that she was in love and Tweeted out that she “couldn’t be happier.”

Back in April, before the NBC show was yanked, Arguello talked up the former Desperate Housewives star to the Miami Herald: “She was a sweetheart. We confided in her, and she’d confide in us about her relationships.” Arguello, a philanthropist and entrepreneur, owns a guesthouse on Lenox Avenue, called Stay With Me At Lincoln.

More couples

Summer lovin’ for Derek Jeter. The manly Yankee shortstop, 38, is reportedly dating (big surprise) a Sports Illustrated model. Her name is Hannah Davis; she’s just 23, and grew up in the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Seth Meyers is getting serious — about his girlfriend, lawyer Alexi Ashe. Us Weekly reports he popped the question and she said yes. Meyers just completed his final full season of Saturday Night Live and is preparing to take over Late Night from Jimmy Fallon, who is replacing Jay Leno.

If you see The Donald, congratulate him. His daughter, Ivanka, hasn’t given birth yet, but his son/ Apprentice co-host Eric Trump, 29, is engaged. The bride-to-be is Eric’s longtime girlfriend, Lara Yunaska, 30, it was confirmed in a tweet from the Eric Trump Foundation. According to LinkedIn, Yunaska is a story coordinator at Inside Edition and lives in New York.

Follow the writer www.twitter.com/madeleinemarr

Read more People stories from the Miami Herald

  •  

hilton

    Local appearance

    Perez Hilton on daddy duty

    Being a new father — and a single one at that — doesn’t allow Perez Hilton much down time. But he’s decided to leave his son (via surrogate) in Los Angeles for a good cause: co judging the Ultimate Miami Drag Queen contest at Magic City Casino Saturday night. We spoke to the 35-year-old celebrity blogger, also known to his hometown of Miami as Mario Lavandeira Jr.

  •  

cosby

    Celebrity birthdays on July 12

    Actor-comedian Bill Cosby is 76. Singer Christine McVie of Fleetwood Mac is 70. Actress Denise Nicholas (“In the Heat of the Night”) is 69. Actor Jay Thomas is 65. Fitness guru Richard Simmons is 65. Actress Cheryl Ladd is 62. Actress Mel Harris (“thirtysomething”) is 57. Actor Steve Howey (“Reba”) is 36. Actor Topher Grace is 35. Actress Michelle Rodriguez (“Lost”) is 35. Actor Erik Per Sullivan (“Malcolm in the Middle”) is 22.

  •  

Odom and Kardashian

    Celebrity roundup

    Lamar Odom melts down

    Street fight! Even calm NBA players have their breaking points.

Miami Herald

Join the
Discussion

The Miami Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere on the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

The Miami Herald uses Facebook's commenting system. You need to log in with a Facebook account in order to comment. If you have questions about commenting with your Facebook account, click here.

Have a news tip? You can send it anonymously. Click here to send us your tip - or - consider joining the Public Insight Network and become a source for The Miami Herald and el Nuevo Herald.

Hide Comments

This affects comments on all stories.

Cancel OK

  • Videos

  • Quick Job Search

Enter Keyword(s) Enter City Select a State Select a Category