• Its Spain against Brazil on Sunday in Rio de Janeiro in a dream Confederations Cup soccer final. My favorite thing about the matchup? That Brazil has a prominent player who goes by, simply: Fred.
• Oregon football got a wrist-slap with three years probation but no bowl ban. Dare Miami Hurricanes fans hope the NCAA continues to lean to lenience?
• Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez appeared in a homemade Internet video exposing his backside. Remember the good old days when Marks biggest embarrassments occurred on a football field?
• Dolphins owner Stephen Ross created a super political action committee to attack three local legislators who opposed his stadium renovation. Steve, how bout you pour that money and energy into renovating the stadium on your own? Im just sayin.
• The Yankees held their Old-Timers Day. Wait. Based on that roster, isnt every day Old-Timers Day in the Bronx?
• The Tour de France is under way. Meantime, shamed Lance Armstrong, stripped of his seven titles for doping, said he still considers himself the events record winner. Sure, Lance. Yeah. And the guy who robs banks earned that money!
• Headlines I Never Imagined Seeing (one in a series): Joe Torres daughter catches falling baby.
• Sentences I Never Imagined Writing (one in a series): Patriots owner Robert Kraft has accused Russian president Vladimir Putin of stealing his Super Bowl ring.
• Parting thought: Bill Parcells said he regrets how his Patriots tenure ended. Dear Tuna, your departure from Miami didnt exactly set any records, either.
Visit Gregs Random Evidence of a Cluttered Blog daily at MiamiHerald.com and follow on Twitter @gregcote, on Instagram/upsetbird and on Vine/Greg Cote.