Miami restaurateur Jonathan Eismann has been charged with a felony in connection with an October car crash that killed a pedestrian, Gossip Extra has learned.
Eismann, 52, who helped revolutionize local dining with restaurants like Pacific Time, Fin and Q, will be spared the obligatory perp walk if he surrenders to authorities within the next few days, a law enforcement source told Gossip Extra.
Once he’s booked and processed, he’ll have to answer to charges of vehicular homicide/reckless driving, a felony, and leaving the scene of an accident with property damage, a misdemeanor.
Both were filed June 26, according to court records. Eismann faces up to 15 years in prison. He did not return calls for comment.
Eismann is accused of killing a pedestrian about 9 a.m. Oct. 10 at Northwest Third Street and 72nd Avenue.
Police reports say he was driving away from the scene of a previous crash and lost control of his Ford Explorer.
The Explorer ended up on the sidewalk and slammed into passerby Juan Carlos Ruiz, the father of a 1-year-old.
Ruiz was pronounced dead at the scene.
Eismann became a big deal in the Miami Beach of the late 1980s for his creativity in the kitchen at a time when there wasn’t much of it.
Longtime foodies say Eismann revolutionized the local restaurant business. Over the years, he ran half a dozen fancy eateries that became gathering places for the glitterati.
By the early 2000s, however, Eismann watched his customers flee to fancier and hipper places like Nobu and Mr. Chow.
Then the economy tanked, and so did Eismann’s food business.
Besieged by creditors, according to county records, Eismann became a Realtor last year.
He managed to stave off foreclosure of his Miami Beach home by selling it for $3.2 million.
Lotto winner tells all
Shirley Press, a Jackson Memorial Hospital pediatric ER doctor who won $56 million in the state lottery in 2001, has just released a book about how she’s handled the aftermath of her big win.
In Pressing my Luck: A Doctor’s Lottery Journey, Press, 62, says she wanted to pass on to readers three lessons she learned after winning.
First: Don’t splurge, even while staring at check for $17.5 million (the lump sum payment minus taxes) and a poor childhood.
“Despite the bad economy, we have a little more than that in the bank,” the mom of two said. “Lottery winners don’t have to go broke.”
Second: Live fully.
“I joined clubs and started a foundation for holocaust survivors and expanded my life,” Press said about her after-the-win period. “I could have done the same thing without all that money.”
Third: “Age and health, not money, are the great equalizers in life.”
Press says she won on a quick-pick ticket she forgot she carried in her hospital lab-coat pocket but eventually found.
The Rick ross Watch
Hefty Carol City rapper Rick Ross, last seen getting his Rolls riddled with bullets in downtown Fort Lauderdale, is getting sued for failing to pay for three diamond Rolexes bought months ago, according to TMZ.
The owners of the Houston-based Johnny’s Custom Jewelry website claims Ross has owed them nearly $90,000 since August, when they shipped him his order of three watches.
Ross, a former Miami-Dade County prison guard, is not commenting.






















My Yahoo