Former University of Florida football star and current New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez who authorities have linked this week to a homicide investigation in Massachusetts shot out one of his employees eyes after a fight at Tootsies Cabaret in Miami Gardens, according to a lawsuit filed in federal court.
The alleged shooting happened in a car that was headed from the strip club to Palm Beach County early on Feb. 13. Sheriffs deputies responded to a 911 call at 6:47 a.m. to find Alexander Bradley, 30, bleeding from a gunshot wound outside a John Deere store in Riviera Beach.
Bradley initially refused to tell investigators who shot him, although a police report noted that Bradley would be willing to prosecute his assailant. The criminal case has been classified as inactive.
The lawsuit, first reported by the website TMZ, comes at a time when police in Massachusetts are investigating Hernandezs possible involvement in the mysterious death of a man described as his acquaintance. An anonymous law enforcement source told ABC News that an arrest warrant was issued against Hernandez for obstruction of justice.
In the South Florida case, Bradley had sued Hernandez, 23, last week, but his attorneys withdrew the complaint four days later due to inaccurate wording. They re-filed the civil suit, which seeks more than $100,000 in damages, on Wednesday in U.S. District Courts Southern District of Florida.
At the time of the shooting, Bradley, who lives in Connecticut, had been working as an assistant to Hernandez, a job he no longer has, said Bradleys co-counsel, David Jaroslawicz.
The lawsuit contends that Hernandez and Bradley had an argument while at Tootsies. They later left in a car with two other men.
At some point on the way north, Bradley claims that Hernandez pointed a gun at him. The gun went off, a bullet striking Bradley in the arm and head. He lost his right eye, underwent multiple facial-reconstruction surgeries, had plates and screws inserted in his face, and has become substantially disabled, according to the suit, which also alleges that Hernandez was not licensed to have a gun.
Was the shooting deliberate or negligent is a question youll have to ask Mr. Hernandez, Jaroslawicz said.
Meanwhile, in Massachusetts, authorities on Tuesday searched Hernandezs suburban Boston home after a jogger on Monday discovered the body of Odin Lloyd in a North Attleborough industrial park, which is about a mile from Hernandezs residence. Lloyd, 27, played football for the semi-professional Boston Bandits.
Reporters staked out Hernandezs house on Wednesday amid media reports about Hernandezs likely arrest, whether he was out drinking with Lloyd the night of Lloyds death and if the NFL star had a cleaning crew in his home before police arrived. ABC News reported that a video surveillance system at Hernandezs home was intentionally smashed, and that his attorneys handed over a shattered cell phone to police.
Hernandez spent part of Thursday being followed by news helicopters while driving in a white SUV from his house to Gillette Stadium to downtown Boston. The scene recalled another football players televised ride in a white SUV: O.J. Simpsons infamous slow-speed chase in a Ford Bronco happened almost exactly 19 years ago, on June 17, 1994, also coinciding with the NBA Finals.



















My Yahoo