• Maritime archeologist Joshua Marano will discuss the excavation of the Queen Anne’s Revenge — Blackbeard’s pirate ship — on Thursday at 7 p.m. at the Deering Estate at Cutler, 16701 SW 72 Ave., Miami. Admission is free. Call 786-735-9505.
• South Florida Freedivers will meet Thursday at 7:30 p.m. at Whiskey Joe’s at Rickenbacker Marina on Virginia Key. Guest speakers are Ted Harty, captain of the 2013 USA Freediving Team, and Bill Van Deman of the FSDA State Championship Southern Open Spearfishing Tournament. Visit www.southflorida
• Ron Gallo will conduct a free Father’s Day casting contest Saturday from 1-3 p.m. at the Wal-Mart, 12555 W. Sunrise Blvd., Sunrise. Open to all ages. Call 954-684-3636.
• Former NFL star Ray Lewis will host the 2013 UM Sports Hall of Fame Celebrity Dolphin Tournament June 28-29 in Islamorada. Headquarters is the Postcard Inn at Holiday Isle. Other football celebrities include: Warren Sapp, Ted Hendricks. , Jim Kelly, Brett Romberg, Gary Dunn, Damione Lewis, and Randall Hill. For more information, visit www.canes fish
.com or call tournament director K.C. Jones, 305-925-3660.
• Win cash for catching tasty fish in the Burdines Waterfront Dolphin & Blackfin Tuna Tournament June 28-30 in Marathon. Entry fees are $100 for adult anglers and $50 for juniors. Call Brenda Duff at 305-743-5317 or email burdineswater
• More than $10,000 in cash and prizes will be awarded in the Ladies Dolphin Championship June 29 in Key West. Entry fee is $400 per boat. Email Lee@murraymarine.com or call 305-296-0364.
• Attend the Keys’ annual underwater music festival
• Some $10,000 in prize money
• The Bimini Sands Resort & Marina will host a Lionfish Bash from July 12 to 14. Entry fee is $200 per boat for up to four hunters. Cash prizes will be awarded. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 305-586-3107.
• Few rules and no entry fee highlight
• Lobster hunters are invited
• Help promote high school fishing