• The last of the seasons Triple Crown races, the Belmont Stakes, ran Saturday on an expected muddy track in New York. The prohibitive favorite going off at 6-5 odds: Miguel Cabrera.
• UM baseballs ouster from the NCAA regional in Louisville, Ky., ended a disappointing season. Luckily, the Marlins were around to make it seem better by comparison.
• The Denver Nuggets fired NBA Coach of the Year George Karl. Hey, wait. When did Jeffrey Loria buy the Nuggets!?
• I dont wanna say the Marlins have no power, but that Home Run Sculpture that activates only when a Marlin homers is now covered with cobwebs and rust and is home to squatters.
• Sentences I Never Thought Id Write (one in a series): Nick Saban is selling his $11 million house at auction. Amenities include a three-story lighthouse.
• Jeff Ireland said he think the Dolphins have closed the gap on the Patriots in the AFC East. Ireland is the only NFL GM to publicly express optimism in June, not counting every other GM who ever lived.
• Spain and Haiti met in a soccer friendly at Dolphins stadium Saturday. A friendly means the result doesnt matter, and that the only thing about the game that counts is the money paid to watch it.
• Parting thought: Red Wings prospect Riley Sheahan was arrested on suspicion of drunk driving while dressed in a purple Teletubbies costume. Lifes lesson: How not to be dressed when claiming sobriety.
Visit Gregs Random Evidence of a Cluttered Blog daily at MiamiHerald.com and follow on Twitter @gregcote, on Instagram/upsetbird and on Vine/Greg Cote.