Here is everything you need to know about how to navigate your way around the Miami Herald and how to reach us at our new Doral headquarters.
• Mailing address: 3511 NW 91st Ave., Miami 33172
• To advertise: 305-376-2820
• Breaking news: 305-376-INFO (4636)
• City desk: 305-376-2100 (email dadenews@MiamiHerald.com or browardnews@MiamiHerald.com)
• Tropical Life: 305-376-2120
• Business: 305-376-3600
• National/World: 305-376-3722
• Sports: 305-376-3700
• Fax: 305-376-5287
For all home delivery service and billing questions or questions about newspaper sales at stores or vending machines, continue to call 800-TheHerald (843-4372) for assistance Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Saturday, Sunday and holidays from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. You can also use our online customer service portal at www.miamiherald.com/service at any time to enter a vacation hold, pay your bill or enter a delivery complaint.
For Miami Herald Plus+ digital subscriptions or questions, visit www.miamiherald.com/plus or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• President and Publisher: David Landsberg, 305-376-2515
• Senior VP/Advertising: Alexandra Villoch, 305-376-3212
• Senior VP/Operations: Craig Woischwill, 305-376-2951
• VP/CFO: Susan Rosenthal, 305-376-2512
• Editorial Page Editor: Myriam Marquez, 305-376-3518, @MyriamMarquez
• Director/Circulation: Armando Boniche, 305-376-3303
• Interactive General Manager: Alex Fuentes, 305-376-4719
• VP/HR: Ali Hernandez, 305-376-2857
• VP/Executive Editor: Aminda Marqués Gonzalez, 305-376-3429, @MindyMarques
• Managing Editor: Rick Hirsch, 305-376-3504, @rickhirsch
• Senior Editor/Administration: Dave Wilson, 305-376-3685, @DaveWilson513
• Senior Editor/ Breaking News: Patricia Andrews, 305-376-3424
• Senior Editor/Metro: Jay Ducassi, 305-376-3557
• Senior Editor/Presentation: Eddie Alvarez, 305-376-3588, @EddieMAlvarez
• Senior Editor/ Investigations and Enterprise: Casey Frank, 305-376-3431
• Senior Editor/Features: Kendall Hamersly, 305-376-3667
• Business and Visual Arts Editor: Jane Wooldridge, 305-376-3629, JaneWooldridge
• Executive Sports Editor: Jorge Rojas, 305-376-3213
• State and Politics: Sergio Bustos, 305-376-3411, @heraldbustos
• World Editor: John Yearwood, 305-376-3467, @John_Yearwood
• Senior Photo/Video Editor: Roman Lyskowski, 305-376-3757
• Photo Editor: David Walters, 305-376-0670
• Weekend News Editor: Amy Lipman Prezant, 305-376-3456
• Deputy Sports Editor: Alex Mena, 305-376-3493
• Day News Editor: Jeff Kleinman, 305-376-3561, @jeffkleinman
• Assistant City Editor: Amy Driscoll, 305-376-3548
• Assistant City Editor: Gail Epstein, 305-376-2046
• Broward Editor: Heidi Carr, 954-538-7146
• Night Operations Editor: Natasha King, 305-376-2673
• Business Monday Editor: Nancy Dahlberg, 305-376-3595, @ndahlberg
• Education Editor/MomsMiami: Charlene Pacenti, 305-376-3587, @MomsMiami
• Suburban and Health Editor: Joan Chrissos, 305-376-2635
• Neighbors South Editor: Scott Andron, 305-376-4528
• Neighbors North Editor: Mark Worth, 305-376-3591
• Weekend/ Miami.com Editor: Fred Gonzalez, 305-376-3508
• Assistant Miami.com Editor: Amy Reyes, 305-376-3658
• Travel/Home & Design Editor: Marjie Lambert, 305-376-4939, @marjielambert
• Food Editor: Kathy Martin, 305-376-3663
• Video Studio Manager: Karen Burkett, 305-376-3464
El Nuevo Editors
• Executive Editor: Manny Garcia, 305-376-3445, @manny_garcia1
• Senior Editor for Online and Production: Teresa E. Frontado, 305-376-3545, @tfrontado
• News Editor: Luis Felipe Lopez, 305-376-2239, @lflopez_enh
• Night News Editor: Douglas Rojas-Sosa, 305-376-4561, @DouglasRojas
• Galeria Editor: Maru Antunano, 305-376-2232
• Sports Editor: Luis Sanchez, 305-376-2147, @luisfsanchez6
• Opiniones/Perspectiva Editor: Andres Hernandez-Alende, 305-376-2166
• Photo Editor: Orlando Mellado, 305-376-3582
Continuous News Desk
The hub of the newsroom brings you the latest online, on your phone and tablet, across social media, and in the newspaper. Staffed with reporters, editors and digital producers, the CND handles breaking stories and plans when and where stories will appear on all of our platforms.
• If you have a news tip: Call the desk at 305-376-INFO (4636) or send it to dadenews@MiamiHerald.com or browardnews@MiamiHerald.com
WLRN-Miami Herald News provides news and information to a weekly audience on air and online of more than 500,000 from Palm Beach to Key West. Its the nations only public radio newsroom embedded in a major daily paper. It was launched on Sept. 1, 2003, matching the stations place on the dial, 91.3 FM. • To reach the radio newsroom: Call 305-376-3490 or email radionews@MiamiHerald.com. On Twitter: @WLRN
Miami.com, the Miami Heralds entertainment and lifestyle website, is your source for Miami events and things to do in and around the South Florida area. From nightlife to restaurants, shopping and movies, Miami.com provides the best curated content for the socially active.
• Contact Miami.com with questions or suggestions via email at email@example.com. On Twitter: @Miamicom
Join our coverage
• Contribute online: We appreciate readers who sign up with Miami.com, where you can share reviews on hot spots like restaurants and clubs. Or join the thousands participating online by commenting on stories at MiamiHerald.com.
• Share your insights: Help the Miami Herald and WLRN cover the news by joining the Public Insight Network. To participate, go to MiamiHerald.com/insight or contact our Public Insight analyst, Stefania Ferro, at sferro@MiamiHerald.com or 305-376-3563.
The goal of the Miami Herald Editorial Board is to come up with solutions to South Floridas pressing problems and to celebrate our communitys successes. Our editorials are not the final say, however. We value our readers opinions and we welcome your suggestions. Let us know how you feel about the issues that challenge South Florida.
• Your opinion matters: Send your letter to the editor of no more than 350 words to heralded@MiamiHerald.com We receive far more letters than we can print, so we try to publish the most representative, interesting, and provocative opinions. To give more readers a say, we condense letters. And we do not publish letter writers more often than once every 60 days. Letters must bear the writers name, full address, and daytime phone number so that we can contact you if we have a question.
NewsMedia in Education
Teachers incorporate the digital newspaper into their instruction at many schools through the NewsMedia in Education program. We complement the newspaper with teacher activity guides and common core themes that include activities for the teacher to use in the classroom. NewsMedia in Education works closely with schools and serves as an advisory to high school journalism teachers. We provide tours of the newspaper facilities and much more. Invite us to your next career day event.
• Contact NewsMedia in Education manager Karen Tynes: 305-376-3282.
Got a product or service to sell? Want to let everyone know about your garage sale? An ad in the Miami Herald can reach readers across South Florida.
• General advertising number: 305-376-2820
• Classified: 305-376-6000
Marketing and Community Relations
Miami Herald community projects include several events that focus on youth and education, such as the Miami Herald and el Nuevo Herald Spelling Bee and Athletic Awards. The Miami Herald also sponsors the Silver Knight Awards, which recognize outstanding high school students for their community service and exceptional academic performance.
The Miami Herald Media Company supports many local organizations, providing more than $1 million of in-kind advertising support each year. Organizations are asked to reach out at least six months in advance when seeking advertising support.
• Contact Silvia Larrieu at slarrieu@MiamiHerald.com.
Herald Charities is a nonprofit organization established by the Miami Herald in 1953 to help meet the needs of the South Florida community. One of its programs, the Wish Book, allows readers to donate to people in need during the holidays. Throughout the year, the Miami Herald develops partnerships to assist a variety of nonprofit organizations.
• Contact Robbie DiPietro at 305-376-2906 or rdipietro@MiamiHerald.com
Perhaps one of the best features of the new building in Doral is the Community Room, which can accommodate between 200-220 guests. This will mean an opportunity to connect on a personal level with the people who consume our content in print, on our various digital platforms and through our partnerships with radio and television.
We plan to take full advantage of the new space by developing a steady stream of programming to engage readers in an exchange of ideas, thoughtful discussions in the form of Town Halls, brainstorming sessions, workshops and informational seminars.
Stay tuned for more information on our first Community Room segment.
• Do you have an idea for an event that should be held in our new Community Room?
Contact Interactive Editor
Nancy San Martin at nsanmartin@MiamiHerald.com or 305-376-4722.