“I feel good, man. My legs feel good. This is probably one of the best starts I’ve gotten off to stealing bases. I think I’ve only been caught [twice],” he said smiling. “But we’ll see.”
• The Marlins have moved long reliever Tom Koehler (0-0, 3.18 ERA) into the rotation, replacing left-hander Wade LeBlanc (0-5, 6.11 ERA), who has been moved into the bullpen. Koehler will pitch Sunday against the Dodgers.
• Right-hander Alex Sanabia, who tweaked his right groin in his last start Tuesday, will have his next scheduled start pushed back at least day, according to Redmond, to give him extra rest. Ricky Nolasco will start in Sanabia’s place Tuesday when the Marlins return home to face the Reds.
Utility infielder Chris Valaika returned home and had surgery on his broken left wrist Friday. Valaika will need four to six weeks to heal before beginning his rehab, Redmond said.
• First baseman Logan Morrison went 2 for 3 with a single and a home run in extended spring training action Friday. Morrison still isn’t playing the field and is only playing as a designated hitter.
• Redmond is optimistic catcher Jeff Mathis, rehabbing in Double A Jacksonville, could end up rejoining the team Tuesday.
• Saturday: Marlins RHP Kevin Slowey (1-2, 1.81 ERA) at Los Angeles Dodgers LHP Hyun-Jin Ryu (3-2, 3.71), 9:10 p.m., Dodger Stadium.
• Sunday: Marlins RHP Tom Koehler (0-0, 3.18) at Dodgers LHP Chris Capuano (0-2, 10.38), 4:10 p.m., Dodger Stadium.
• Scouting report: The Marlins have never faced Ryu. Slowey is 1-1 with a 0.98 ERA in three road starts.