Make this quick Roasted Chicken Pasta Salad for Mom on her day and enjoy a family meal at home. It uses only one pot, won’t heat up your kitchen and takes only 20 minutes to make.
I use a purchased rotisserie chicken breast for the salad. It is cooked on the bone and generally is moist and flavorful. Ready-to-use cooked and chopped breast meat also works fine and will shorten the preparation time.
This meal contains 654 calories per serving with 28 percent of calories from fat.
Fred Tasker’s wine tip: Something pink seems appropriate for Mom. How about a nice dry rosé? Swanson Vineyards Rosato di Sangiovese is really dry, really nice and about $25.
• Penne or another short cut pasta can be used.
• Look for mango chutney in the ethnic or condiment section of the supermarket.
• Apricot jam can be used instead of chutney.
• Place water for pasta on to boil.
• Make dressing.
• Complete salad.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for tonight’s Dinner in Minutes.
• To buy:1 box fusilli (corkscrew-shaped) pasta, 3/4 pound roasted or rotisserie chicken breast, 1 bottle reduced-fat mayonnaise, 1 bottle curry powder, 1 bottle mango chutney, 1 bunch celery, 1 bunch scallions, 1 head romaine lettuce and 1 medium tomato.
• Staples: Salt, black peppercorns.
Linda Gassenheimer is the author, most recently, of “Fast and Flavorful-Great Diabetes Meals from Market to Table.” Contact her at DinnerInMinutes.com. Follow her on Twitter @LGassenheimer.