If there is one thing Ozuna said he does want to change for sure, it’s his jersey number. He’s currently wearing No. 48.
“I would like to have something smaller,’’ he said. “Maybe the birthday of my first kid to have it the rest of my career.’’
Ozuna, who has a girlfriend of three years and no children yet, said he recently dropped his Twitter account because of the attention he has been getting from other women.
“There’s always women out there that write nice stuff, but it makes my girlfriend feel bad,’’ he said with a smile. “It’s not my fault. But it’s just better not to have it.’’
This and that
• Redmond said first baseman Logan Morrison will begin playing in extended spring-training games Tuesday. Morrison, who had knee surgery this offseason, has not played in a game since July 28.
Barring a surprise development, expect the Marlins to make a move to send second baseman Donovan Solano to the disabled list. Redmond said Solano can field but can’t hit because of an intercostal strain.
• Catcher Jeff Mathis, who missed just about all of spring training with a fractured right clavicle, will be promoted to Jacksonville on Tuesday, according to Redmond. Mathis played in his fourth game in Jupiter on Monday night. He has gone 4 for 14 with four RBI since returning to game action. Despite Mathis’ promotion, Redmond said the Marlins don’t really have a time frame for Mathis’ return.
• Tuesday: Marlins RHP Alex Sanabia (2-4, 4.67 ERA) at San Diego Padres LHP Eric Stults (2-2, 5.08), 10:10 p.m., Petco Park.
• Wednesday: Marlins RHP Ricky Nolasco (2-3, 4.14) at Padres RHP Jason Marquis (3-2, 4.25), 3:40 p.m., Petco Park.
• Scouting report: Sanabia, born in San Diego, said he will have 31 family members and friends in attendance for his first start back home. Stults has never faced the Marlins.