13. New York Stinkin Jets (from Tampa Bay): Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington Top corner Darrelle Revis goes to Tampa in a trade, so what makes more sense than immediately plugging that hole with the drafts best available corner?
14. Carolina Panthers: Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri You know what Panthers MLB Luke Kuechly would say about this pick? Thank you. The oddly still-available Star Lotulelei also would tempt here.
15. New Orleans Saints: D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama You know the old saying in NAwlins. If Drew Brees aint happy, aint nobody happy.
16. St. Louis Rams: Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas Rams also have another 1R pick (22nd), and also need a WR such as Tavon Austin. So pick could be Austin here and Vaccaro a bit lower.
SUPER BONUS DRAFT FACT: People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals have gathered outside the draft to protest the 14 NFL teams with animal nicknames. You have to understand its slim pickings for us right now, explained a PETA spokeswoman. We long for the halcyon days of fashionable mink stoles and Michael Vick, and make do in the meantime.
17. Pittsburgh Steelers: Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah Is this Steelers biggest need? No. But this player would be drafts biggest potential steal if he drops this far.
18. Dallas Cowboys: Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina A blocker or safety would tempt Cowboys here, but Williams is a jolt of needed youth and vigor for the defensive interior line.
19. New York Giants: Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia Tackle or cornerback also would interest here.
20. Chicago Bears, Manti Teo Dick Butkus, Mike Singletary, Brian Urlacher, now Manti. Hey, a Bears fan can dream, cant he?
SUPER BONUS DRAFT FACT: ESPN and NFL Network plan to air hours and hours and hours of incessant arcane draft coverage in advance of the three-day selection, an overkill that last year was voted the most egregious waste of TV time since the early 60s sitcom, My Mother the Car.
21. Cincinnati Bengals: Johnathan Cyprien, S, FIU You heard right. A safety from Florida International, chosen 21st overall. No Canes in the first round. But a Golden Panther. Oy! Bengals have a need, and Cyprien might be drafts best safety after Kenny Vaccaro.
22. St. Louis Rams (from Washington): Tavon Austin, WR West Virginia Rams lost Danny Amendola in free agency, and Austin fits right in with STLs second pick of first round.
23. Minnesota Vikings: Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee Vikes always looking for help to alleviate the offensive burden on Adrian Petereson. Minny picks again two spots down.
24. Indianapolis Colts: Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State Heres the guy whom the Dolphins will consider at 12, and maybe lower should they trade down.
SUPER BONUS DRAFT FACT: Several representatives of the 1972 Dolphins have called a draft-week news conference to angrily remind us that no other NFL team has ever had a Perfect Season and to stridently demand credit. Only us, said a rapping Mercury Morris. Draft that!
25. Minnesota Vikings (from Seattle): Kevin Minter, LB, Louisiana State Vikes went offense with first pick of 1R, so strike the balance here.
26. Green Bay Packers: Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama Can you imagine Packs offense if Aaron Rodgers had a top-notch running back? Yeah, So can Green Bay.
27. Houston Texans: Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee Team wants a wideout to pair opposite Andre Johnson. Only question is who they will pick from a deep field.
28. Denver Broncos: Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State Of course this would require the boss, Peyton Manning, signing off on picking a defender.
SUPER BONUS DRAFT FACT: Not a lot of people know that ESPNs Mel Kiper Jr. consults experts in each city. I was one of his sources until last years unfortunate mixup. What happened was I was fed some bad information by a trusted source, and based on that, instead of reporting that Miami planned to select Ryan Tannehill in the first round, Kiper reported that Miami would draft American Idol host Ryan Seacrest.
29. New England Patriots: D.J. Hayden, CB, Houston Hayden is not a consensus first-round pick, but I suppose if Bill Belichick likes him, he is validated!
30. Atlanta Falcons: Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford Havent seen Ertz in many other mock first rounds, but thats their problem, not mine.
31. San Francisco 49ers: Margus Hunt, DE, Southern Methodist Niners have the luxury of depth to groom Hunt gradually.
32. Baltimore Ravens: Keenan Allen, WR, Cal Now that the champions are paying QB Joe Flacco silly money, better gift him with another weapon so the investment has a better chance to look smarter.