• Datone Jones, UCLA: Hes a hybrid DE/OLB, but Gil Brandt sees Jones as a pure pass-rushing 4-3 end. Had 19 tackles for loss, including 5.5 sacks, as a fifth-year senior.
Others to watch: Tank Carradine, Florida State; Margus Hunt, Southern Methodist; Corey Lemonier, Auburn; Damontre Moore, Texas A&M.
Just like at tight end and cornerback, the Dolphins have a starter (Chris Clemons) with no job security beyond this year. The tandem of Clemons and Reshad Jones was solid in 2012, but combined for just six interceptions.
• Kenny Vaccaro, Texas: The best of a very deep class. Vaccaro visited the Dolphins, so they have interest in the 6-foot, 214-pounder who ran a 4.59-second 40 at the Combine.
• Johnathan Cyprien, FIU: Few have risen as fast or as high since the end of the college season as Cyprien. Mel Kiper believes he could even be a late first-round pick.
• Matt Elam, Florida: A big-hitting, in-the-box player, Elam is a true strong safety. Would be an intriguing pair with the rangy Jones.
Others to watch: Don Jones, Arkansas State; Eric Reid, LSU; Phillip Thomas, Fresno State; Shamarko Thomas, Syracuse.
Just because its not a need doesnt mean its not an option. Familiarize yourself with some roster-bulking gems who could end up in Miami.
• Defensive tackles: Johnathan Jenkins, Georgia; Star Lotulelei, Utah; Sheldon Richardson, Missouri; Sylvester Williams, North Carolina.
• Running backs: Montee Ball, Wisconsin; Giovani Bernard, North Carolina; Andre Ellington, Clemson; Eddie Lacy, Alabama.
• Linebackers: Jon Bostic, Florida; Barkevious Mingo, LSU; Dion Jordan, Oregon; Manti Teo, Notre Dame.
• Guards: Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina; Ryan Jensen, Colorado State-Pueblo; Larry Warford, Kentucky; Chance Warmack, Alabama.
• Wide receivers: Tavon Austin, West Virginia; Stedman Bailey, West Virginia; Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee; Terrance Williams, Baylor.
• Kickers: Brett Baer, Louisiana-Lafayette; Dustin Hopkins, Florida State; Brett Maher, Nebraska; Caleb Sturgis, Florida.