• Catch and release bass and win raffle prizes in the 12th annual “Save Our Canals” team tournament presented by South Florida Anglers for Everglades Restoration (SAFER) April 20 at Everglades Holiday Park in west Broward County. Entry fee is $50 per team. Call 786-325-2934.
• Former NASA astronaut Bruce Melnick will be celebrity host of the Redbone@Large Sunrise/Sunset Tarpon Tournament April 26-28 in Islamorada. Anglers will fish early morning and late afternoon to release tarpon and benefit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Entry fee is $3,000 for a two-angler team. Visit redbone.org.
• Try to catch the “Million Dollar Mahi” and compete for more cash prizes in the Grove Slam May 2-4 out of Shake-A-Leg in Coconut Grove. Entry fee is $495 for a team of four before April 15; $595 after April 15. To register, go to www.groveslam.com or call 305-461-2700.
• Build your own boat and then race it in the Marine Industries Association of South Florida’s 17th annual Plywood Regatta May 4-5 at the Dania Beach City Marina. For more information, visit www.plywoodregatta.org or call 954-524-2733.
Sign your kids up for day camp or a five-day summer session on the party boat Reward with captain Wayne Conn. For more information, visit www.kidsletsgofishing.com.
• Compete for a $10,000 top prize in the Mad Dog Mandich Fishing Classic May 31-June 1 at Miami Beach Marina. Visit www.maddogclassic.com or call 305-667-0399.
• The Bimini Big Game Club Resort & Marina will host Billfish Bonanza May 15-18. Eligible species are: sailfish, blue and white marlin, spearfish and swordfish. Entry fee is $1,450 per boat. visit www.biggameclubbimini.com.
• Some $20,000 in cash prizes will be awarded in the Blue Water Fishing Classic May 30-June 2 at all six Miami-Dade County marinas. Entry fee is $350 per boat by April 30; $400 after April 30. Visit www.bluewaterfishingclassic.com.
• Women anglers are invited to compete in the 28th annual Ladies Fish-Off May 30-June 2 in Pompano Beach. Eligible species are blackfin tuna, cobia, dolphin, kingfish, and wahoo. Weigh-in will be at Alsdorf Park. Visit www.ladiesfishoff.com.
Up to $1 million may be paid out in the Abaco Beach Blue Marlin Invitational June 4-7 out of Boat Harbour Marina. The fleet will be limited to 50. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Super Bowl standout Ray Lewis of the Baltimore Ravens will host the 2013 UM Sports Hall of Fame Celebrity Dolphin Tournament June 28-29 in Islamorada. Headquarters is the Postcard Inn at Holiday Isle. Other football celebrities include: Warren Sapp, Ted Hendricks, Jim Kelly, Brett Romberg, Gary Dunn, Damione Lewis, and Randall Hill. For more information, visit www.canesfish.com or call tournament director K.C. Jones at 305-925-3660.