• The Happy Hoofers chapter of the Florida Trail Association will meet Thursday at 7:30 p.m. at Fern Forest Nature Center, 201 Lyons Rd., S., Coconut Creek. Guest speakers are Lynn and Mike Thompson on burrowing owls. Call Kay at 954-609-4727.
South Florida Freedivers will meet Thursday at 7:30 p.m. at Whiskey Joe’s, 3301 Rickenbacker Causeway. It is open projector night where members show homemade dive films and DVDs. Visit southfloridafreedivers.com.
Ocean enthusiasts, music lovers and conservationists are invited to “Rock the Ocean’s Tortuga Music Festival on Saturday and Sunday at Fort Lauderdale Beach. Artists including Kenny Chesney and Eric Church will perform. Attendees may visit a special conservation village and learn how they can protect the oceans. For more information, visit www.tortugamusicfestival.com.
• Women interested in improving their saltwater fishing skills are invited to sign up for the “Ladies, Let’s Go Fishing!” seminar Friday to Sunday at the I.T. Parker Community Center in Dania Beach. Registration fees are $135. Call 954-475-9068 or visit www.ladiesletsgofishing.com.
• Bring your kids to a free family Fun Fest on Sunday from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at Biscayne National Park’s Dante Fascell Visitor Center, 9700 SW 328 St., Homestead. The theme is SUN-day, taking a look at Earth’s nearest star. Visit www.nps.gov/bisc.
• Author Martha Pytel will sign copies of her new book, “Baker’s Haulover: A Maritime Treasure of History and Pioneers” at 6:30 p.m. on Friday at the North Miami Public Library, 835 NE 132 St. Call 305-891-5535.
• The West Palm Beach Fishing Club will hold a yard sale Saturday from 7 a.m. to noon at the clubhouse, 201 Fifth St., West Palm Beach. Call 561-832-6780 or visit westpalmbeachfishingclub.org.
• Beginners can learn to row at the Miami Beach Rowing Club beginning Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.. A series of four classes costs $195. Call Elaine at 305-861-8876 or email email@example.com.
• The Pompano Beach Offshore Anglers Club will meet Monday at 7:30 p.m. at Sands Harbor, 125 N. Riverside Dr., Pompano Beach. Guest speaker is George Poveromo, field editor at Salt Water Sportsman magazine and television show host. Call Debbie at 954-868-0681.
• The nonprofit group Diveheart will conduct training classes for buddies and instructors of disabled divers April 18-21 at John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park in Key Largo. Fees are $395 for instructor training;$250 for buddy certification. Call Willie Stanton at 561-307-8583 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary Flotilla 6-11 will present a free “Love a Life Vest” workshop for kids April 19 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Miami Children’s Museum, 980 MacArthur Causeway, Miami. For more information, email email@example.com.
• Register your youngster for the new captain Bob Lewis Kids Fishing Classic April 20 out of Shake-A-Leg Miami in Coconut Grove. Anglers may fish from boats or on land. More than 120 trophies and prizes will be awarded. For more information, visit http://billfishchallenge.com or call 305-725-5514.
• The Coral Restoration Foundation will hold a gala to honor founder Ken Nedimyer April 20 at 6:30 p.m. at the Florida Keys Conference Center at the Islander Resort in Islamorada. Artist Wyland will be a special guest. Visit www.coralrestoration.org.
• Catch and release bass and win raffle prizes in the 12th annual “Save Our Canals” team tournament presented by South Florida Anglers for Everglades Restoration (SAFER) April 20 at Everglades Holiday Park in west Broward County. Entry fee is $50 per team. Call 786-325-2934.
• Former NASA astronaut Bruce Melnick will be celebrity host of the Redbone@Large Sunrise/Sunset Tarpon Tournament April 26-28 in Islamorada. Anglers will fish early morning and late afternoon to release tarpon and benefit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Entry fee is $3,000 for a two-angler team. Visit redbone.org.
• Try to catch the “Million Dollar Mahi” and compete for more cash prizes in the Grove Slam May 2-4 out of Shake-A-Leg in Coconut Grove. Entry fee is $495 for a team of four before April 15; $595 after April 15. To register, go to www.groveslam.com or call 305-461-2700.
• Build your own boat and then race it in the Marine Industries Association of South Florida’s 17th annual Plywood Regatta May 4-5 at the Dania Beach City Marina. For more information, visit www.plywoodregatta.org or call 954-524-2733.
Sign your kids up for day camp or a five-day summer session on the party boat Reward with captain Wayne Conn. For more information, visit www.kidsletsgofishing.com.
• Compete for a $10,000 top prize in the Mad Dog Mandich Fishing Classic May 31-June 1 at Miami Beach Marina. Visit www.maddogclassic.com or call 305-667-0399.
• The Bimini Big Game Club Resort & Marina will host Billfish Bonanza May 15-18. Eligible species are: sailfish, blue and white marlin, spearfish and swordfish. Entry fee is $1,450 per boat. visit www.biggameclubbimini.com.
• Some $20,000 in cash prizes will be awarded in the Blue Water Fishing Classic May 30-June 2 at all six Miami-Dade County marinas. Entry fee is $350 per boat by April 30; $400 after April 30. Visit www.bluewaterfishingclassic.com.
• Women anglers are invited to compete in the 28th annual Ladies Fish-Off May 30-June 2 in Pompano Beach. Eligible species are blackfin tuna, cobia, dolphin, kingfish, and wahoo. Weigh-in will be at Alsdorf Park. Visit www.ladiesfishoff.com.
Up to $1 million may be paid out in the Abaco Beach Blue Marlin Invitational June 4-7 out of Boat Harbour Marina. The fleet will be limited to 50. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Super Bowl standout Ray Lewis of the Baltimore Ravens will host the 2013 UM Sports Hall of Fame Celebrity Dolphin Tournament June 28-29 in Islamorada. Headquarters is the Postcard Inn at Holiday Isle. Other football celebrities include: Warren Sapp, Ted Hendricks, Jim Kelly, Brett Romberg, Gary Dunn, Damione Lewis, and Randall Hill. For more information, visit www.canesfish.com or call tournament director K.C. Jones at 305-925-3660.