Co-owners Roger Duarte and chef Sam Gorenstein expand My Ceviche from South Beach to Brickell on Friday with the opening of their second location at 1250 S. Miami Ave., Miami.
In addition to the namesake ceviche, the 32-seat counter-service restaurant will serve stone crabs, Caribbean-style tacos and burritos, salads and a rotating menu of craft and local beers.
Delivery ($3-$5) is planned beginning next month in downtown, Brickell, Coconut Grove, Coral Gables, Key Biscayne and Midtown. Online ordering will be available opening day; 305-960-7825, myceviche.com.
• Denny’s celebrates its grand opening at 7 a.m. Monday at 97630 Overseas Hwy., Key Largo. Regular hours will be 6 a.m. to 2 a.m. daily; dennys.com.
• Serafina Dream, 1111 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, has added brunch service from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday with an a la carte menu of frittatas and other Italian dishes plus bottomless bellinis; 305-534-8455.
• Bloom Restaurant Wynwood, 2751 N. Miami Ave., Miami, is adding lunch service beginning Monday; 305-576-5443.
• Miami’s Ingrid Hoffmann, host of the Cooking Channel’s Simply Delicioso and Univision’s Delicioso, has a new cookbook to her credit: Latin D’Lite: Delicious Latin Recipes with a Healthy Twist, due out next week in English ($29.95) and Spanish ($19.95, paperback) from Celebra.
• Miami Herald food columnist Maricel E. Presilla has collected another accolade for her Gran Cocina Latina: The Food of Latin America (Norton): a James Beard Award nomination in the international category. Winners will be announced in May.
• Duffy’s Sports Grill locations will sell $1 red velvet cupcakes through April, with 50 cents from each purchase going to the Florida Panthers’ Foundation, a nonprofit dedicated to children’s health, fitness, education and cultural needs; duffysmvp.com.
• Nilton Castillo, a native of Peru who has cooked at The Bazaar by Jose Andres and DB Bistro Moderne, is the new executive chef at The Dome Restaurant & Caviar Bar in Coral Gables.
• The Las Olas Sunday Market is back in business from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each Sunday in front of YOLO, 333 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale.
Compiled by Food Editor Kathy Martin. Send news to kmartin@MiamiHerald.com by noon Monday for consideration in next week’s column.