The popularity of participant sports such as marathons and triathlons have been increasing for years, but that hasn’t stopped organizers of these events from taking a more creative approach to competition.
One of those unique events coming to Miami is the Electric Run, which combines visual arts with a 5K run. Organizers will announce the time and location for the event at a later date.
The developers of the Electric run have brought in designers from Coachella and the producers of Dreamworks and Disney to develop a 5K course of lights and color.
Participants are asked to take a part in the show by dressing in bright colors, glow sticks and body paint.
Each course has five to 10 different lighting patterns along with a house DJ, who will be spinning while you are running.
This event is hosted in nearly 30 cities across the country, but each course has its own unique design. Among the features, runners can expect:
• Glowing neon trees changing colors to match the music.
• Tunnels with dancing patterns and figures on the walls, ceilings, and floors.
• Lakes and rivers glowing in otherworldly hues.
• Tunnels of light created by a rainbow of lasers.
• Glowing arches and columns.
• Neon saguaro cactus.
• Red rock cliffs glowing in psychedelic colors and patterns.
• Glowing arches that change color to the tempo of music.
• Colored fountains dancing to the beat of the rhythm.
• Entire buildings lit so brightly that they can be seen from space
For more information visit www.eletricrun.com.
There is something about going out and getting covered in mud that is reminiscent of youth.
Runners will have a chance to play in the mud at the Muddog’s King of the Hill 5K coming to Davie on Sunday.
This fun mud-run will leave you winded as you navigate through a military-style obstacle course full of mud pits and over walls. And by the time you finish all of the fitness challenges, you are bound to be sore the next day.
For information, visit www.muddogsevents.com.