Speed-coaching for beer and food businesses: Samuel Adams Brewing the American Dream program and Accion host a free microlending event, Monday, 6-8:30 p.m., at the La Jolla Ballroom, 301 Alcazar Ave..Coral Gables. Info: http://samadamsbtadmiami.eventbrite.com/#
• Tech Talk: The MIT Enterprise Forum of South Florida hosts a panel discussion looking at what incubators mean for a startup community on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. at Venture Hive, 1010 NE 2nd Ave., Miami. $30; $35 at door. More info: http://www.amiando.com/031913MITEF.html
• Starting and running a nonprofit: A new workshop by SCORE Miami-Dade, Tuesday, 5 p.m., SBA Office, 100 S. Biscayne Blvd., Miami, $30. 786-425-9119 or miamidade.score.org.
• Awards: Top Women-Led Businesses in Florida Awards Ceremony & Luncheon, by The Commonwealth Institute, Tuesday, 11 a.m., Jungle Island, $125-$150, http://www.commonwealthinstitute.org
• Marketing workshop: Participants of this Broward SCORE workshop will build their own "marketing hourglass." Wednesday, 5 p.m., at Keiser University, 1500 NW 49th St., Fort Lauderdale. $30 in advance, 954-356-7263. http://www.broward.score.org.
STARTING GATE BLOG
• Shark Tank’s Daymond John headlined the Entrepreneurs’ Organization global conference last week, sharing his story with 400 entrepreneurs from 27 countries.
• The Cleantech Open accelerator is launching in South Florida and is planning a launch event at 6 p.m. March 28 at the University of Miami Life Science & Technology Park.
• Todd Oretsky of Pipeline pens a post about the importance of “collaborative intelligence.”
Read these stories and other news and views on The Starting Gate on MiamiHerald.com/business and follow me on Twitter @ndahlberg.